Author Topic: K3 why Graphite?  (Read 4571 times)  

Offline KimberlyinMN

• NW Minnesota
  • Kindle PW 4 & Voyage
    • View Profile
Re: K3 why Graphite?
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2010, 08:03:16 pm »
I really like the graphite color. I had the Radiosity skin on my K2 to cover the white.  What bugged me was the white keyboard buttons sticking out and the white "frame" around the screen. I don't even think I'll be skinning my K3.  Of course, I say that now...  I'm hoping that the new M-Edge cases for the K3 has a darker interior that is similar to the color of the graphite K3. (And perhaps either a fuchsia or purple pebbled leather.)  Grey (graphite) goes with pretty much every color. :)  

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline planet_janet

• View Profile
    « Reply #51 on: July 30, 2010, 08:51:06 pm »
    I love the graphite color.  It looks sleek and sophisticated to me, and I don't think it's at all masculine-looking.  In general, I don't care for white as a color choice for things--appliances, cars, electronics, etc. 

Offline Tom Diego

• San Diego, CA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #52 on: July 30, 2010, 08:58:55 pm »
    I love the graphite color.  It looks sleek and sophisticated to me, and I don't think it's at all masculine-looking.  In general, I don't care for white as a color choice for things--appliances, cars, electronics, etc. 

Now that I think about it, with our K2s being returned to Amazon, the only things in our house that are stark white are our 10-year old washer and dryer!

Offline fuschiahedgehog

• View Profile
    « Reply #53 on: July 30, 2010, 09:13:01 pm »
    I've never cared for white electronics or appliances.  On the other hand, just about every piece of tech I have has some sort of skin on it.  I'm sure I'll do the same with the K3, so I guess it doesn't matter a whole lot what the 'naked' color is underneath.

Offline Pushka

• Australia
      • View Profile
    « Reply #54 on: July 30, 2010, 09:35:29 pm »
    I dont think the k3 calls for the skin like the K2 did - there is a lot less 'space'

Offline Patrizia

• Charlotte, NC
      • View Profile
    « Reply #55 on: July 30, 2010, 11:45:39 pm »
    I still want a skin.. but now I am consdering it because of the comment about the buttons.. I do think black buttons would look better then white under the skin, I had not considered that before this post
    We never see things as they are... We see them as we are... Anais Nin

Offline KimberlyinMN

• NW Minnesota
    • Kindle PW 4 & Voyage
      • View Profile
    « Reply #56 on: July 31, 2010, 05:24:35 am »
    Now that I think about it, with our K2s being returned to Amazon, the only things in our house that are stark white are our 10-year old washer and dryer!

The only thing "starker" in our house are my legs. ;)

Offline Patrizia

• Charlotte, NC
      • View Profile
    « Reply #57 on: August 01, 2010, 10:56:28 pm »
    Thanks for all your input. I do like skins and know I will have one. I looked at the skins I like and have decided white just will work better. It was my initial thought so I'm going with it. Thanks for all the ideas I had not considered :)

Offline BookishMom

• View Profile
    « Reply #58 on: August 02, 2010, 12:12:01 am »
    The graphite just looks classier to me, and, because I'm a girl, I like masculine things. ;)

Offline Patrizia

• Charlotte, NC
      • View Profile
    « Reply #59 on: August 02, 2010, 12:39:28 pm »
    LOL bookish mom... I guess I stepped into that one !

I don't even know how to respond to that.. it wasn't meant as an insult.. the comment was , It looks masculine to me (thats just me) I am more of a hot pink, type chick.. that was all I meant to say, it was only my perception it wasn't meant to say it is bad, it was meant to convey it's just not me.. many women love the graphite.. and after reading all the posts I did think about it but then I realized most of my skins are lighter and the black wouldn't work with what I like.. however some of those skins on decal girl are gorgeous would look silly with white.. so its a matter of taste like anything :)

Enjoy the graphite girl! I am sure its gorgeous.. I will probably see one in the wild and kick myself for not ordering it :)

Offline Kathy

• Lighthouse Point, FL
    • Member 376
      • View Profile
    « Reply #60 on: August 02, 2010, 12:42:27 pm »

Enjoy the graphite girl! I am sure its gorgeous.. I will probably see one in the wild and kick myself for not ordering it :)

I'll be right beside you. I just love the white and I'm sticking with it. ;D

Offline Patricia

• Northwestern New Jersey
    • Enjoy Today...It will not come again.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #61 on: August 02, 2010, 01:20:14 pm »
    Well, I'm putting the hot pink cover on my graphite...so it won't look too masculine!  I got the WiFi, so I had no choice, but would have chosen the graphite anyway.  I'm not sure about skinning it.  I'm sure I will eventually.   ;D

Offline DD

• Member #484
      • View Profile
    « Reply #62 on: August 02, 2010, 02:09:23 pm »
    Well, I'm putting the hot pink cover on my graphite...so it won't look too masculine!  I got the WiFi, so I had no choice, but would have chosen the graphite anyway.  I'm not sure about skinning it.  I'm sure I will eventually.   ;D

Red looks great with the graphite too.  :)
    Kindles I have owned or now own:
    K1, K2, KK, DX, Touch, FireHD, PW2, Voyage, Oasis8th gen, Oasis9th gen, PW10th gen, Oasis10th gen

Offline Patricia

• Northwestern New Jersey
    • Enjoy Today...It will not come again.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #63 on: August 02, 2010, 02:14:33 pm »
    Red looks great with the graphite too.  :)

I know, and I thought about it.  But I had a red m-Edge for the K1 and I've never had a pink cover.   :(

Offline PraiseGod13

• Iowa
    • <'///>< Member #54
      • View Profile
    « Reply #64 on: August 02, 2010, 02:24:59 pm »
    When I saw the graphite I didn't ever think "masculine"...... I thought "every woman loves her perfect black dress.... you can make it work for any time.... anywhere.  Can't wait for my graphite K3!!

MaKK (K1) & Shemar (K3)
    Books let us into their souls and lay open to us the secrets of our own. ~ William Hazl

Offline BTackitt

• Texas, USA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #65 on: August 02, 2010, 03:06:05 pm »
    I got graphite because I am seriously considering having one or 2 of the screensavers I have made for my Kindle made into a skin, and so I think the black would go better for some reason. I don't want alot of color on my Kindle. My son has had a bright blue swirly plasma thing on his K1 since we got it, and I find it very distracting. My K1, and so far my K2 have been nekky.
    "If man has no tea in him, he is incapable of understanding truth and beauty." ~Japanese Proverb

Offline Shawna

• Billings, MT
    • Marvin, Jamaica 2009!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #66 on: August 02, 2010, 03:14:37 pm »
    I've always disliked the white.  It holds dirt from grubby fingers and, well,  I just think it looks kinda cheesy plain white!  I've always skinned my k2 to cover the white up.  I think the granite looks classy.  I don't plan to skin it (I think!).  I can't wait to get my hands on it!
    "We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."
            - Teilhard de Chardin

Offline malligator

• View Profile
    « Reply #67 on: August 02, 2010, 03:21:01 pm »
    I like the white with brushed metal back on the K2. The white K3 is white all over--front and back--and I just don't think I'd like it as much. Same with the Nook. I like the white with gray back of the 3G better than the white with white back of the wifi. Of course, on the Nook the back can be changed.

Offline akpak

• Anchorage, AK
      • View Profile
    « Reply #68 on: August 02, 2010, 03:41:17 pm »
    The perceived contrast on the Graphite's screen is higher than on the white

This. Also what others have said that the white will get dirty easier, thus requiring (for me) a skin. I'm just tired of the white on things that will get a lot of handling.

Offline Angela

• Texas
    • aka: tx_angel, A Wayt, Babe, Mom, Grandma, Hey YOU
      • View Profile
    « Reply #69 on: August 02, 2010, 09:49:02 pm »
    If I end up ordering a K3, I will get the graphite. Main reason... I have never been completely happy with the white borders around the edges of the skin on my K1. I always thought it would look better if the Kindle was in a darker color. Then again, I think the graphite look pretty good and might not skin it at all. That way it would match whatever cover(s) I decided to use.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement