Author Topic: Reason that makes (forces) me to choose Amazon KDP over IS and other options...  (Read 427 times)  

Offline troysimens

• View Profile
Hey guys!   never felt comfortable putting all my ehgs in one basket and wanted to really utilize other otpions available - IS, Lulu, B&N and what not, but the fact that you cant advertise your titles on Amazon always made me go back to KDP... I know I could try the Amazon merchant, but that Id have to print and then send to Amazon, which totally defeata the purpose of POD... Antone in a similar situation as I am? I mostly sell paperbacks..!

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline celadon

• Dogpatch
      • View Profile
    I sell a lot of print books, and the reason I choose KDP (CS) is that the grayscale images in my B&W print books (and there are many) look decent and the books don't cost too much.

Lulu prints grayscale images fine, but they cost much more. IngramSpark has good prices, but the one time I ordered a proof (and then reordered it later, just to be sure), the images looked like really degraded Xerox copies. IngramSpark does color books fine, but in my one experience, their B&W print images look terrible, unless they are line art or something. It's a deal-breaker.

I'd love to hear that they've changed, but I don't feel like ordering more proofs right now. When I contacted their support about it, they sounded oblivious and dumbfounded, as if nobody had ever mentioned how much their grayscale images sucked before. If they don't know there's a problem, they're never going to fix it...

• Ontario, Canada
    • I should probably be writing...
      • View Profile
    Hey guys!   never felt comfortable putting all my ehgs in one basket and wanted to really utilize other otpions available - IS, Lulu, B&N and what not, but the fact that you cant advertise your titles on Amazon always made me go back to KDP... I know I could try the Amazon merchant, but that Id have to print and then send to Amazon, which totally defeata the purpose of POD... Antone in a similar situation as I am? I mostly sell paperbacks..!

Technically you CAN advertise IngramSpark titles etc on Amazon through Amazon ads but you need the Advantage account type. I'm advertising my IS titles right now in the UK.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement