Poll

What are you doing now that the new Kindle is here?

Not ordering. Sticking with my K1
2 (1%)
Not ordering. Sticking with my K2 (all models)
70 (35.5%)
Not ordering. Sticking with my DX (all models)
5 (2.5%)
Ordering the K3 as fast as I can
120 (60.9%)

Total Members Voted: 197

Voting closed: August 30, 2010, 09:32:37 am

Author Topic: Poll: What are you doing now that the new Kindle is here  (Read 3670 times)  

Offline Patrizia

• Charlotte, NC
    • View Profile
Re: Poll: What are you doing now that the new Kindle is here
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2010, 02:56:34 pm »
There are a few options missing.. LOL I am sticking with my K2 and I am also getting a K3..
We never see things as they are... We see them as we are... Anais Nin

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline planet_janet

• View Profile
    « Reply #26 on: July 31, 2010, 04:57:06 pm »
    When the K3 was announced, I had a very itchy "buy now with 1-click" finger, but I took a deep breathe and made myself wait a few days.  I'm glad I waited, because I have talked myself down off that ledge.  My K2i is only 7 months old, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.  Plus, I recently purchased a Noreve cover, which wouldn't fit the K3.  Even though I know I could probably sell both my K2i and my new Noreve cover to fund the purchase of a K3, I simply cannot justify it when there's nothing wrong with what I have.

Offline mom133d (aka Liz)

• Charlottesville, VA
    • Tea & Cake or death?
      • View Profile
    « Reply #27 on: July 31, 2010, 04:58:46 pm »
    Am desperately repeating the mantra "you do not need a K3, your K2 is perfect""you do not need a K3, your K2 is perfect""you do not need a K3, your K2 is perfect""you do not need a K3, your K2 is perfect"  But the little monster in the back of my brain keeps trying to justify buying a K3.
    May I join you? I was doing well until I saw the new Kindle ad on TV. I don't need it, I don't need it, I don't need it...
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates' loot on Treasure island and at the bottom of the Spanish Main...and best of all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life." - Walt Disney

(Make your own reading bar)

Offline luvmy4brats

• Enabler Extraordinaire
    • Eastern Shore, MD
      • View Profile
    « Reply #28 on: July 31, 2010, 04:59:53 pm »
    I ordered my K3 the instant the link was active. My K2i is being gifted to my best friend. It's something she's not in the position to buy for herself.

Offline MAGreen

• Okinawa, Japan
      • View Profile
    « Reply #29 on: July 31, 2010, 05:42:18 pm »
    Passing on my K1 and getting the new K3! Wooohooo!
    K1-Primary, soon to be MIL's
    K1-Daughter's Kindle (Kylie)
    K1-Best Friend's Kindle (Courtney)
    DX-Grandpa's DX
    K3-My New Best Friend
    K3-My Other New Best Friend!
    Inmate #1451

Offline PraiseGod13

• Iowa
    • <'///>< Member #54
      • View Profile
    « Reply #30 on: July 31, 2010, 07:01:33 pm »
    I've ordered the K3 but I'll use my K1 as a backup.  I've actually been considering doing something like having a particular genre, or maybe just the books that I use daily on my K1..... and then having everything else on the K3.  Aren't options wonderful?

MaKK (K1) & Shemar (K3)
    Books let us into their souls and lay open to us the secrets of our own. ~ William Hazl

Offline telracs

• NYC
    • peace, love, justice.... and chocolate.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #31 on: July 31, 2010, 07:02:08 pm »
    Am desperately repeating the mantra "you do not need a K3, your K2 is perfect""you do not need a K3, your K2 is perfect""you do not need a K3, your K2 is perfect""you do not need a K3, your K2 is perfect"  But the little monster in the back of my brain keeps trying to justify buying a K3.

you do not need a K3, your K2 is perfect....

does this make me an unenabler?

Offline teralpar

• Rosi
      • View Profile
    « Reply #32 on: July 31, 2010, 07:21:05 pm »
    I ordered the graphite K3 w/ 3G+WiFi, and plan to keep my K2i as well. Once my K3 arrives, my next task will be to figure out which one will be the "home" Kindle and "travel/purse" Kindle.
    ~Terri~
    Kindle owner since 1/7/2010

Offline CaroleC

• New Orleans, Louisiana
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33 on: July 31, 2010, 08:15:58 pm »
    What am I doing now that the new Kindle is here? After ordering it (immediately), I have been returning to Kindleboards 4560987 times each day. I guess I am hoping to read, "Delivery dates moved up to August 1st" or some such thing. LOL
    Carole

Offline freelantzer

• California
      • View Profile
    « Reply #34 on: July 31, 2010, 08:29:06 pm »
    I'm not sure what I'm doing now. After all the money I've invested in cases, lights, and skins, I was totally keeping my K2 and not upgrading any time in the foreseeable future. Especially since I don't really have anyone to give my K2--everyone I know who reads and wants one already has a Kindle.

But just today my mom asked me if I want the K3 for my birthday, which is next week. She also indicated that she would take my K2, even though she doesn't really read much--maybe  she'd read more if she had it. What to do? What to do?

Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing.

Offline CaroleC

• New Orleans, Louisiana
      • View Profile
    « Reply #35 on: July 31, 2010, 08:44:22 pm »
    I'm not sure what I'm doing now. After all the money I've invested in cases, lights, and skins, I was totally keeping my K2 and not upgrading any time in the foreseeable future. Especially since I don't really have anyone to give my K2--everyone I know who reads and wants one already has a Kindle.

But just today my mom asked me if I want the K3 for my birthday, which is next week. She also indicated that she would take my K2, even though she doesn't really read much--maybe  she'd read more if she had it. What to do? What to do?

SAY YES!!!  ;D ;D ;D  You can always gradually save up for skins, and the lights will probably still work. All you need is a cover.
    « Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 08:50:15 pm by CaroleC »
    Carole

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #36 on: July 31, 2010, 08:56:00 pm »
    I wonder why I can't access the first page of this thread?  Keep getting warnings from Google about malware on the site.

I clicked on that I'm sticking with my K2, but I also have the original DX.  I'm going to try to wait as long as I can before I order a K3.  Too many other things that I've wanted (or really needed) and put off until I have a full-time job again (which I'm beginning to think won't ever happen).  I have a lot of covers for my K2.  Looks like there isn't a lot of demand for them on the buy, sell, trade thread.
    New York, NY
    Flutist, retired legal word processing operator
    Readers:  Oasis 2, Kindle Fire 8 HD Plus, Paperwhite 2 (2013) (gave away), Fire HDX 8.9" (won't hold a charge now), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

Offline jah

• new york
      • View Profile
    « Reply #37 on: August 01, 2010, 06:46:44 am »
    I held out for about 24 hours before I order k3 wifi, I keeping my k2us for a back up kindle. I am soooo weak, I didn't even last a week before ordering the k3 wifi

Offline WilsonC

• View Profile
    « Reply #38 on: August 01, 2010, 08:31:02 am »
    I would love to order a K3.  But I just bought my used K2i, and three other US refurbs as gifts.  I am addicted to the Kindle.  I think it's the best things I've purchased in a loong time!
    -Christopher

Offline me3boyz

• America's Finest City
      • View Profile
    « Reply #39 on: August 01, 2010, 09:38:04 am »
    Am desperately repeating the mantra "you do not need a K3, your K2 is perfect""you do not need a K3, your K2 is perfect""you do not need a K3, your K2 is perfect""you do not need a K3, your K2 is perfect"  But the little monster in the back of my brain keeps trying to justify buying a K3.

I'm also reciting this as I just got my K2i for Christmas. I've decided to wait until after this Christmas to decide if I need another Kindle in the house. My 14yo is an avid reader (3 to 5 books a week), but he's starting high school this year. If he continues to read at the same rate, then I'll give him my K2i and buy the 3G K3 for myself.

Offline Lisa M.

• View Profile
    « Reply #40 on: August 01, 2010, 09:39:56 am »
    What am I doing now that the new Kindle is here? After ordering it (immediately), I have been returning to Kindleboards 4560987 times each day. I guess I am hoping to read, "Delivery dates moved up to August 1st" or some such thing. LOL

LOLOL!!! Meetoooo!!!!

Offline Tina C.

• View Profile
    « Reply #41 on: August 01, 2010, 09:57:11 am »
         I'm keeping my K2i that my daughter & husband got me in Jan 2010, getting the K3 for my daughter who will be a Junior in High School this fall.  She has been reading Kindle books on her itouch when she can't pry the K2 out of my hands.

Offline Cardinal

• View Profile
    « Reply #42 on: August 01, 2010, 09:58:49 am »
    Will probably buy the K3 but also keep my K2.  One for the house and one for the purse.   :D

Offline Meemo

• NW Florida
    • KB Member #43
      • View Profile
    « Reply #43 on: August 01, 2010, 10:22:23 am »
    Like Meemo my K2 is still under warranty, love my cover, have the perfect Octovo light and have several skins-in-waiting. So I'll keep it....for the time being.

Sure hope I don't see the new one up close and personal. Like KayakerNC, my resistance is low...in fact, I'm downright weak.  :)

My problem too - I was just fine with my K1 until I got my hands on my daughter's K2, then I was a goner.  I held out for a couple of months, but finally gave in.  So heaven help me if I see a K3 in person....sometimes resistance is futile....
    em
    Kindling since August 2008, 2nd & 1st gen Oasis, 2 Fire HD6s, iPad Mini for PDFs

Offline Daisy1960

• Baltimore, Maryland
    • BUNNIES RULE!
      • View Profile
      • Facebook
    « Reply #44 on: August 01, 2010, 10:26:45 am »
    Ever since last Christmas I've been hoarding gift certificates to put towards the Kindle 3, so I was ready.  Like Cardinal, one will be my "handbag" e-reader [Kindle 2 US], while the other will be my "good" home e-reader [new Kindle 3 (WiFi/3G)].

I'm most excited about the crisper screen; my Kindle 2's screen has always been too dark, with poor contrast.

I am so anxious! 
    Susanjane Elizabeth
    Proud parent of "Jennie" (Kindle Oasis 3G/WiFi)

Offline Cardinal

• View Profile
    « Reply #45 on: August 01, 2010, 10:42:08 am »
    Ever since last Christmas I've been hoarding gift certificates to put towards the Kindle 3, so I was ready.  Like Cardinal, one will be my "handbag" e-reader [Kindle 2 US], while the other will be my "good" home e-reader [new Kindle 3 (WiFi/3G)].

I'm most excited about the crisper screen; my Kindle 2's screen has always been too dark, with poor contrast.

I am so anxious! 

Oh that is exactly how I plan on doing it too!  Even though the K3 is smaller and the better contrast will help while out and about and not in the best lighted places I want to keep it  home.  I'm planning to get the 3G WiFi because even though I have WiFi at home with the back and forth syncing the 3G will come in real handy.  I should be able to sync my night Kindle as I drift off to sleep, but no way will the second Kindle be synced before I fall asleep and if I'm in an early morning rush don't want to have to sync the second Kindle before leaving.  I'm getting 3G for the K3 incase it ever becomes my purse Kindle.

And the screen contrast is THE reason for me to update.  When I got the K2 I was disappointed with the screen contrast and have been fighting the temptation to take a black magic marker and draw around the screen to see if it increases the contrast.

Offline drenee

• West Virginia
    • Member 527
      • View Profile
    « Reply #46 on: August 01, 2010, 11:06:34 am »
    Oh, go onnnn...you know you want to...you know you're going to...so why wait?  :) Then you can post a great picture of it in a photo thread.

(Posted by the person who had absolutely no plans to get one but is getting weaker by the minute.)
    Cobbie, I know exactly how you feel.  And the more time I spend on KB, the weaker I become.  I keep trying to find a way to justify it.  (That's not a hint for the enablers to start working on me.)  I guess if I thought I could sell my K2 covers, because they are too feminine to give to my son, and then get him a nice Oberon or Medge cover, then I might be more inclinded to push the one-klick. 
    deb
    Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life.

WwF  DRA60
    Miss you, Dona, Jeff and Harvey.

Offline Neo

• View Profile
    « Reply #47 on: August 01, 2010, 11:28:08 am »
    Oh, go onnnn...you know you want to...you know you're going to...so why wait?  :) Then you can post a great picture of it in a photo thread.

(Posted by the person who had absolutely no plans to get one but is getting weaker by the minute.)

I think you really owe it to yourself to get it! Plus, you just can't leave me alone in getting it!  ;)

C'mon, just click the button - and save yourself the agony! Join the Kindle watch gang  ;D I promise it will be fun  :D

Offline cocod2

• View Profile
    « Reply #48 on: August 01, 2010, 12:23:57 pm »
     :) I just got my DX white yesterday so I am going to stick with it
    it is perfect for me..

Offline hudsonam

• View Profile
    « Reply #49 on: August 01, 2010, 01:29:00 pm »
    If I had all the money in the world, I'd probably order a K3, but as it is, I have only had my K2 since early this year, and I can't imagine spending the money on a K3 right now.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement