Author Topic: Amazon Imprints - Thomas & Mercer etc  (Read 319 times)  

Offline Redgum

• View Profile
Amazon Imprints - Thomas & Mercer etc
« on: April 08, 2019, 02:51:52 pm »
Hey All

I have two questions about independent novels that get scooped up by Amazon imprints like Thomas & Mercer, etc. Firstly, I was wondering if anyone here knows how they choose these books? I ask because while "the ones that sell the most" seems to be a simple answer, I carefully watch the market in my genre (and others) and I have seen one or two getting picked up that really were not selling well, or getting very many reviews while others that do *incredibly* well are apparently untouched. Of course we cannot know if these authors have been approached and declined, but still I wonder how the spinning wheel of Amazon fortune lands on the authors that it does? Also, what sort of royalties do authors get from these deals? Are they worth it?

Thanks to all

R :)

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Tilly

• View Profile
    Re: Amazon Imprints - Thomas & Mercer etc
    « Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 04:23:54 pm »
    aPub editors are also keen readers and sometimes they spot books that aren't top sellers, but which (in their opinion) are books they love and they are able to extend an offer.

I doubt anyone who is with an aPub will discuss their royalties on a public forum.

Offline Donna White Glaser

• The final mystery is oneself. -Oscar Wilde
      • View Profile
    Re: Amazon Imprints - Thomas & Mercer etc
    « Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 04:45:24 pm »
    Also, agents can submit manuscripts to APubs.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement