Author Topic: Get Your Book Reviewed Free!  (Read 8542 times)  

Offline Ben McQueeney

• UK
  • Y.O.L.O - You obviously lack originality
    • View Profile
    • Benmcqueeney.com
Re: Get Your Book Reviewed Free!
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2019, 05:32:22 am »
Will have a look at this. Looks interesting.

Dad, Author, Banter Activist, CrossFitter, Occasional Professional. 
Ben McQueeney | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | YouTube | Goodreads

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Destiny94

• View Profile
    « Reply #26 on: July 01, 2019, 06:18:20 pm »

Offline Destiny94

• View Profile
    « Reply #27 on: July 08, 2019, 06:11:43 pm »

If you would like to have your book posted to the site OR you would like to become a reviewer, the links are below!

BECOME A REVIEWER: https://authordestinyhawkins.wixsite.com/vibereviews/copy-of-shop-premades
    GET REVIEWED: https://authordestinyhawkins.wixsite.com/vibereviews/get-reviewed

Offline wearywanderer64

• Spain
    • I wander lonely as a cloud
      • View Profile
      • Scribbling Tales
    « Reply #28 on: July 08, 2019, 11:29:12 pm »
    I've had four book review requests so far.

A.T. Mahon | Scribbling Tales

Online alhawke

• View Profile
      • A.L. Hawke website
    « Reply #29 on: July 09, 2019, 10:59:02 pm »
    Okay, I'm in. Just submitted today.

A.L. Hawke | Author website | Goodreads | BookBub

Offline Destiny94

• View Profile
    « Reply #30 on: July 15, 2019, 07:28:13 pm »
    I've had four book review requests so far.

Thank you for sending in a request!!!

Offline Destiny94

• View Profile
    « Reply #31 on: July 15, 2019, 07:28:55 pm »
    Okay, I'm in. Just submitted today.

Thank you!!!

Offline Destiny94

• View Profile
    Re: Get your book reviewed on Vibe Reviews!
    « Reply #32 on: July 15, 2019, 07:38:04 pm »
    HERE IS REVIEW FROM VIBE REVIEWS!

BOOK: Verdict Realty
    view more book Reviews: https://authordestinyhawkins.wixsite.com/vibereviews/bookreviews

Mick D. ★★★★
    This book starts off with the introduction of Sly Verdict, a very succsesfull realtor who's best friends with the sheriff and his lovely sister, and his unwilling guest, Chester. Unwilling? Yes he's been abducted and now held prisoner underneath the guesthouse. In the first chapters we witness the gruesome torture and murder of Chester before he's fed to the pigs. Sly has a hobby! But he's not just any serial killer, he's got a set of rules and only takes the (according to himself) unwanted elements out of society... .

This serial is definetly not for the fainthearted as the various acts of violence, sex and torture are meticuosly described in gruesome details. And despite this, there are several moments where you can almost feel sympathy for the killer because of the nasty character of the victims. But of course I can't condone anyone taking the law into their own hands. Apart from that he's not consistent in his criteria: adultery?, hunting? If anything this book is fast-paced and the body-count soon runs up.

This book 's a quick read with 104 pages and ends in a cliffhanger so you have to wait for the next installment in the serial to find out where it all ends.

I received a free ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Offline Destiny94

• View Profile
    Re: GET YOUR BOOK REVIEWED (Free option)
    « Reply #33 on: July 22, 2019, 06:30:36 pm »
    Vibe Reviews is now open to take book review requests!

If you would like to have your book posted to the site OR you would like to become a reviewer, the links are below!

BECOME A REVIEWER: https://authordestinyhawkins.wixsite.com/vibereviews/copy-of-shop-premades
    GET REVIEWED: https://authordestinyhawkins.wixsite.com/vibereviews/get-reviewed

Offline Destiny94

• View Profile
    Re: REVIEWERS NEEDED!
    « Reply #34 on: July 29, 2019, 06:26:13 pm »
    Vibe Reviews is now open to take book review requests!

If you would like to receive review requests based off your preferred genre, the link to sign up is below!

Offline verysecretsquirrel

• So long, and thanks for all the nuts.
      • View Profile
      • VerticalScope
    Re: Reviewers Needed
    « Reply #35 on: July 29, 2019, 11:37:09 pm »
    Your website doesn't work properly.  Just thought you should know.

Offline Destiny94

• View Profile
    Re: Reviewers Needed
    « Reply #36 on: August 05, 2019, 07:00:34 pm »
    Your website doesn't work properly.  Just thought you should know.

Just check out the links! thanks for letting me know!

Offline Destiny94

• View Profile
    Re: Get your book reviewed!
    « Reply #37 on: August 05, 2019, 07:02:21 pm »

Vibe Reviews has reviewers available and waiting for review requests!!

TO GET YOUR BOOK REVIEWED, SIGN UP AT THE LINK BELOW
    https://authordestinyhawkins.wixsite.com/vibereviews/get-reviewed

SEE BOOK REVIEWS ALREADY POSTED.
    https://authordestinyhawkins.wixsite.com/vibereviews/bookreviews

Offline Avery342

• See You on the Other Side!
      • View Profile
    Re: New book review service (Free option)
    « Reply #38 on: August 06, 2019, 08:28:48 am »
    No, Zon allows us to send free review copies to readers. its not an issue.

I'm not so sure about this answer as it relates to KU. Yes, Amazon does allow authors to give away review copies. But if one is in KDP Select, then, unless I'm mistaken, an author would need to give away their ARC copies BEFORE they join.

Here is the actual section from KDP (Bolding is mine):

Exclusivity
    When you enroll an eBook in KDP Select, you're committing to making the digital format of that book available exclusively through KDP while it's enrolled in the program. You can continue to distribute your book in physical format or in any format other than digital.

All content enrolled in KDP Select must remain for sale through the Kindle Store only. If the digital version of your book appears to be available for pre-order, for sale, or for free elsewhere (such as on your website or blog, or a third partys website), it is not eligible for KDP Select. Adding new content (such as bonus content, author's commentary section, etc.) to a book that's available elsewhere will not satisfy the exclusivity requirements. See the KDP Select Terms and Conditions for complete exclusivity requirements.

However, you may choose to make up to 10% of your book available on other sites as a sample, as well as continue to distribute your book in physical format (including print on demand books), or in any format other than digital. 10% is roughly the length of the Kindle Free reading sample.

You may also provide professional reviewers with a copy of your book via email for the purpose of editing, proofreading and helping with other quality improvements. See the KDP Select Terms and Conditions for more information. When you enroll a boxset in KDP Select, none of those books can be offered elsewhere.

END QUOTE

Please note that if your site lists these books 'for free from author' that appears to be against this exclusivity ruling. Also, the last paragraph granting rights to give a copy of the book to PROFESSIONAL reviewers in no way states for the purposes of review. Again, I'm thinking to stay safe, an author would need to go thru this process BEFORE going into KU.

That being said, this looks like an awesome resource for authors and I thank you for making it available! I may be contacting you to put my next book up--prior to it going live though.

Offline Destiny94

• View Profile
    « Reply #39 on: August 12, 2019, 08:07:52 pm »
    I'm not so sure about this answer as it relates to KU. Yes, Amazon does allow authors to give away review copies. But if one is in KDP Select, then, unless I'm mistaken, an author would need to give away their ARC copies BEFORE they join.

Exclusivity
    When you enroll an eBook in KDP Select, you're committing to making the digital format of that book available exclusively through KDP while it's enrolled in the program. You can continue to distribute your book in physical format or in any format other than digital.

All content enrolled in KDP Select must remain for sale through the Kindle Store only. If the digital version of your book appears to be available for pre-order, for sale, or for free elsewhere (such as on your website or blog, or a third partys website), it is not eligible for KDP Select. Adding new content (such as bonus content, author's commentary section, etc.) to a book that's available elsewhere will not satisfy the exclusivity requirements. See the KDP Select Terms and Conditions for complete exclusivity requirements.

However, you may choose to make up to 10% of your book available on other sites as a sample, as well as continue to distribute your book in physical format (including print on demand books), or in any format other than digital. 10% is roughly the length of the Kindle Free reading sample.

You may also provide professional reviewers with a copy of your book via email for the purpose of editing, proofreading and helping with other quality improvements. See the KDP Select Terms and Conditions for more information. When you enroll a boxset in KDP Select, none of those books can be offered elsewhere.

END QUOTE

Please note that if your site lists these books 'for free from author' that appears to be against this exclusivity ruling. Also, the last paragraph granting rights to give a copy of the book to PROFESSIONAL reviewers in no way states for the purposes of review. Again, I'm thinking to stay safe, an author would need to go thru this process BEFORE going into KU.

That being said, this looks like an awesome resource for authors and I thank you for making it available! I may be contacting you to put my next book up--prior to it going live though.

Thank you! I look forward to hearing from you again!

Offline Destiny94

• View Profile
    « Reply #40 on: August 26, 2019, 05:00:17 pm »
    Vibe Reviews has reviewers available and waiting for review requests!!

TO GET YOUR BOOK REVIEWED, SIGN UP AT THE LINK BELOW
    https://authordestinyhawkins.wixsite.com/vibereviews/get-reviewed

SEE BOOK REVIEWS ALREADY POSTED.
    https://authordestinyhawkins.wixsite.com/vibereviews/bookreviews

Offline TromboneAl

• Name IRL: Al Macy
      • View Profile
    « Reply #41 on: August 27, 2019, 08:08:19 am »
    I filled out the form, but there was no indication that it went through. Did it? (Al Macy, The Mind Reader's Journey).

Al Macy | Web Site | Facebook | Twitter

Offline Moticom

• View Profile
    « Reply #42 on: August 27, 2019, 11:06:36 am »
    Submitted, will see what happens.

David Hurrell | Amazon.com
    Visit Soulless Voodoo Guy on Facebook for exclusive artwork
    YouTube channel

Offline Destiny94

• View Profile
    « Reply #43 on: September 02, 2019, 01:10:52 pm »
    I filled out the form, but there was no indication that it went through. Did it? (Al Macy, The Mind Reader's Journey).

Yes, it definitely went through! You also received some requests!

Offline Destiny94

• View Profile
    « Reply #44 on: September 02, 2019, 01:12:28 pm »
    Submitted, will see what happens.

Thank you!

Offline chrisstevenson

• Los Angeles
    • Warrior Writer
      • View Profile
      • Christy's Young Adult Fabuliers
    « Reply #45 on: September 03, 2019, 08:47:11 am »
    I did an upgrade re-submission. I hope it works this time. The site has a nice presentation.
    Guerrilla Warfare For Writers (special weapons and tactics)
    http://guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com/

Christy's Young Adult Fabuliers https://christysyoungadultimagineers.com/

Amazon Page: https://www.amazon.com/Chris-Harold-Stevenson/e/B001K8UUBK

Offline RPatton

• View Profile
    « Reply #46 on: September 03, 2019, 10:18:21 am »

Exclusivity

END QUOTE

That only applies to sales. Several different people have received confirmation from Amazon directly that it is okay to distribute a limited number of review copies even if the book is available in Select. You can also offer to give away a book for free through your newsletter if it is in Select. What you can't do is offer it publicly. As long as the group receiving the copy of the book is in a closed/limited group, there is no problem.

Offline Destiny94

• View Profile
    « Reply #47 on: September 09, 2019, 07:29:18 pm »
    That only applies to sales. Several different people have received confirmation from Amazon directly that it is okay to distribute a limited number of review copies even if the book is available in Select. You can also offer to give away a book for free through your newsletter if it is in Select. What you can't do is offer it publicly. As long as the group receiving the copy of the book is in a closed/limited group, there is no problem.

Wow, thank you for clearing that up ;)

Offline Destiny94

• View Profile
    « Reply #48 on: September 16, 2019, 06:20:01 pm »

Offline Destiny94

• View Profile
    « Reply #49 on: September 23, 2019, 08:11:53 pm »

KBoards.com

• Advertisement