Author Topic: Anyone else missing parts of June payments?  (Read 6157 times)  

Offline MH Sargent

• View Profile
Re: Anyone else missing parts of June payments?
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2019, 11:54:44 am »
Wrote to KDP that I still haven't gotten my UK payment, they wrote back to say it shows paid (which has been true for a week), so it is my bank's problem. Guess what? It's an Amazon problem. They've screwed up and need to fix it. 
M.H. Sargent

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Trevor H Cooley

• Idaho Falls
    • Author of The Bowl of Souls series
      • View Profile
      • TrevorHCooley.com
    « Reply #51 on: July 08, 2019, 01:34:13 pm »
    Still missing my UK and DE payments. Thank goodness my Patreon payment hit or I would have been screwed. My bank is a local credit union, so I agree with everyone else that this is not bank related. My Amazon payments page now shows dollar amount and "paid" for all the missing payments so I'm worried they will try to claim that this isn't their fault. Thank goodness I'm not the only one with this issue.
    Author of the Bowl of Souls series
    Amazon author page: http://www.amazon.com/Trevor-H.-Cooley/e/B0083U46CM/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_pop_1

Offline Cactus Lady

• Arizona
      • View Profile
      • Welcome To My Worlds
    « Reply #52 on: July 08, 2019, 05:42:09 pm »
    No European payments received here either. I held out a while before finally emailing them today.

Out of curiosity, could it actually be related to our bank? Perhaps we could all find we are using a common bank? I use JPM Chase. Anyone else using the same bank or are you all using different ones? Seems weird that only some of us are having this issue.

Still missing my UK and DE payments. Thank goodness my Patreon payment hit or I would have been screwed. My bank is a local credit union, so I agree with everyone else that this is not bank related. My Amazon payments page now shows dollar amount and "paid" for all the missing payments so I'm worried they will try to claim that this isn't their fault. Thank goodness I'm not the only one with this issue.

My bank is also a local credit union, in southern Arizona. So no, it's not the bank. Too many writers in too many different places (this is being discussed quite a bit on Facebook) for it to be the bank's fault. I wrote to KDP help this morning asking when it's going to be fixed, and said I know it's not my bank because my Amazon-dot-com payment went through and too many other writers are having the same problem. The problem is on Amazon's end; tell me when you guys are going to fix it.
    Tales of Fantasy, Heroism, and Romance
    Genres: Epic Romantic Fantasy, Fantasy-western
    http://www.kyrahalland.com

Offline 12ikejah

• View Profile
    « Reply #53 on: July 08, 2019, 11:49:01 pm »
    We're seeing the final days of KDP, the signs are indicative of that.

Offline GT59

• Massachusetts
      • View Profile
    « Reply #54 on: July 09, 2019, 05:43:13 am »
    Tuesday morning and I'm still missing payments from UK, Germany, and France

Offline Short-Circuit

• Earth
      • View Profile
      • Vacuum Tube Amplifiers
    « Reply #55 on: July 09, 2019, 07:00:20 am »
    When it first became obvious there was a problem I pulled my books off international sales. What's the point of selling if they don't pay royalties. Here's a happy thought. What if Amazon has been hacked and our money has indeed been deposited, in a hackers bank account.
    Be careful where you stick your finger

Offline georgette

• View Profile
    « Reply #56 on: July 09, 2019, 07:17:31 am »
    Yeah, I still got nothin'.  Emailed my Amazon rep, and Amazon customer support - no answer.  So I'm missing the UK, and several other payments as well.
    New Kboards overlords - you don't own my posts and I should be allowed to delete my account!

Offline Allyson J.

• South Carolina, USA
    • Writer. Traveler. Adventurer
      • View Profile
      • AllysonJeleyne.com
    « Reply #57 on: July 09, 2019, 08:54:29 am »
    Add me to the list of authors missing UK & EU payments.  :(

Victorian, Edwardian, and Jazz Age romance

Offline AuthorX

• View Profile
    « Reply #58 on: July 09, 2019, 09:08:24 am »
    I got a very friendly and fast reply back from KDP saying that they are aware of the issue with some publisherd getting payments from certain countries slow this payment period. They asked me to wait around another week for the payment to show up in my account.

Offline 12ikejah

• View Profile
    « Reply #59 on: July 09, 2019, 09:16:22 am »
    I got a very friendly and fast reply back from KDP saying that they are aware of the issue with some publisherd getting payments from certain countries slow this payment period. They asked me to wait around another week for the payment to show up in my account.
    can you please quote their reply here like other people did, we need to know if it tallies with the reply others got.

Offline Christopher Smith

• View Profile
      • Christopher Smith Books
    « Reply #60 on: July 09, 2019, 09:29:27 am »
    My response from Amazon:

Hello Christopher,

I'm sorry for any frustration this issue has caused, and thank you for proactively checking in with your bank.

We'll need a little time to look into the reason behind your payments not being received. I've reached out to our Accounts Payable team to investigate this issue.

We'll contact you with more information as soon as additional feedback has been received. This is usually between 3-5 business days.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

I'll let everyone here know if they follow through.
    Christopher Smith is the #1 international best-selling author of "Fifth Avenue," its sequels "Running of the Bulls," "From Manhattan with Love," "A Rush to Violence," "From Manhattan with Revenge," "You Only Die Twice," as well as "Bullied," "Revenge," "Witch" and "War," all four of which deal with the subject of bullying. While part of the "Fifth Avenue Series," "A Rush to Violence" is the beginning of a new a three-book series, which will include "A Rush to Murder" and "A Rush to Vengeance."  "Park Avenue" is now available.

Offline Jan Hurst-Nicholson

• Durban, South Africa
    • Don't let your emotions overpower your intellect
      • View Profile
      • www.just4kix.jimdo.com
    « Reply #61 on: July 09, 2019, 09:43:45 am »
    This is very disheartening as well as worrying. It happens to coincide with royalties from a BookBub, the most money EVA that I've earned (by that I mean it actually reached three figures  ::) The highest royalties by far are from Amazon UK - and guess what, showing paid but nothing in my account, which is with Payoneer. I do hope it all gets resolved soon, but I will be sending an email.

Non-fiction, Fiction, family saga, humour, short stories, teen, children's
    Jan Hurst-Nicholson | author website

Offline AmesburyArcher

• U.K.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #62 on: July 09, 2019, 10:37:17 am »
    I was going to suggest it might be the 'ring fencing' taking place  with some UK banks, which has changed the banking codes on a million accounts, (but not small banks/building societies) but it would be all the payments affected, not just the UK and a sprinkle of European markets, nor would it affect people who are non-UK but haven't received UK.
    Author of books both historical and fantastical-Stonehenge, Arthurian, Richard III, English queens & mistresses, Robin Hood, dystopian Canada (!) and more...
    Author of historical fiction & historical fantasy
    J.P. Reedman | fb | fb | fb | fb

Offline hns14

• View Profile
    « Reply #63 on: July 09, 2019, 10:58:11 am »
    i'm missing UK and Germany. This is what I got on July 7th:

Hello xxx,

I'm really sorry about the delay in the payments, Yes as you are aware that others authors also affected on this issue. In this case we are working on this issue with an highest priority level and it should be fixed with in the next 48 to 72 hours.

I have reached to the technical team and I will personally followup this issue and will get back to you.

Thanks for understanding the situation and giving us the time to fix the issue.

Offline jim wylie

• View Profile
    « Reply #64 on: July 09, 2019, 11:04:29 am »
    There seems to be absolutely no urgency to this issue. Maybe KDP thinks all its writers are as rich as Jeff Bezos, and they don't have to worry about paying bills? Or maybe they just don't care that people need the money? Hmm...can I purchase things from Amazon and tell them I'll pay them in 1-5 business days?...maybe...if I get around to it....but they should check their bank...maybe I did pay them...yes I did pay them it's their bank's fault...no, you don't have the money?...ok I will check with my Accounts Payable department in my home...they are saying they did pay you Amazon...no you're sure you don't have it...ok I will get back to you in 1-5 business days.

Offline 12ikejah

• View Profile
    « Reply #65 on: July 09, 2019, 12:39:40 pm »
    Just incase, Amazon has issued an update about the missing payment. You'll find it on kdp community forum home page:

Important: June Payments for EU Marketplaces
    July 09, 2019

We are actively working to resolve a delay that is affecting some of the June royalty payments for EU marketplaces. We are working diligently with our banking partners to quickly resolve this issue. Well provide an update as soon as possible, and apologize for the delay.
    « Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 12:55:17 pm by 12ikejah »

Offline C. Gockel

• Chicago, IL
      • View Profile
    « Reply #66 on: July 09, 2019, 01:29:08 pm »
    Just incase, Amazon has issued an update about the missing payment. You'll find it on kdp community forum home page:

Important: June Payments for EU Marketplaces
    July 09, 2019

We are actively working to resolve a delay that is affecting some of the June royalty payments for EU marketplaces. We are working diligently with our banking partners to quickly resolve this issue. Well provide an update as soon as possible, and apologize for the delay.

Thank you -- I will hold off on my email to Jeff B. then. :-P

I am also missing all of my EU and UK payments even though they show as "paid" on my Amazon dashboard.

I write books about Change, Chaos, and Loki
    C. Gockel | Website

Offline JimCh

• View Profile
    « Reply #67 on: July 09, 2019, 02:10:14 pm »
    At least they are now acknowledging the problem.  I am still missing payments from the UK, Europe, Ca and Au, so it's not just a European issue. I did get a reply from customer service:

Hello Jim,

My name is Emily Taylor with Kindle Direct Publishing Executive Customer Relations. Jeff Bezos received your message concerning the June payments you have not received and I'm reaching out on his behalf. I wanted to let you know we are looking into this but we need a little time to investigate this further. I've provided our Payments team with the payment numbers you have not received and I will follow up with you once they provide me with an update.

Best regards,
    Emily
    Amazon.com

Offline Trevor H Cooley

• Idaho Falls
    • Author of The Bowl of Souls series
      • View Profile
      • TrevorHCooley.com
    « Reply #68 on: July 09, 2019, 02:30:46 pm »
    I feel a little better now, at least knowing that Amazon is acknowledging the problem. This still doesn't put the money in my account, but I'm not afraid that I will go unpaid. Sigh.
    Author of the Bowl of Souls series
    Amazon author page: http://www.amazon.com/Trevor-H.-Cooley/e/B0083U46CM/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_pop_1

Offline SaltObelisk

• View Profile
    « Reply #69 on: July 09, 2019, 08:30:44 pm »
    I'm still waiting on my UK, DE and IT payments...

For anyone that doesn't know, Amazon released an official statement regarding this issue:

Offline BlackIce13

• View Profile
    « Reply #70 on: July 09, 2019, 09:44:25 pm »
    Merch by Amazon accounts are also having the same issue. Here is a notice that was put out today.

7/9
    We are aware of a delay in May royalty payments affecting Content Creators being paid from UK and DE marketplaces and are working with our banking partners to resolve this issue quickly. We will provide an update within 24 hours. We apologize for the delay and thank you for your patience.

HEATHER STYLES | AUTHOR PAGE

• Durban, South Africa
      • View Profile
      • www.just4kix.jimdo.com
    « Reply #71 on: July 10, 2019, 01:59:07 am »
    I'm still waiting on my UK, DE and IT payments...

For anyone that doesn't know, Amazon released an official statement regarding this issue:

Thanks. It's a relief to know they've acknowledged the problem and are trying to fix it.

• Durban, South Africa
      • View Profile
      • www.just4kix.jimdo.com
    « Reply #72 on: July 10, 2019, 06:38:22 am »
    Have just received this reply.

Hello Janet,

I am very sorry to hear that you haven't received your European royalty payments.

Please be advised that our technical team is aware that some publishers did not receive their European payments as expected. We recently discovered a delay in payment for the European marketplaces and will correct this within the next five business days.

However, I have reached out to our technical team regarding your missing payments and I will personally contact you with more information as soon as possible.

I am very sorry for any inconvenience and want to thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Regards,

Dennis
    Kindle Direct Publishing
    http://kdp.amazon.com

Offline Escapee

• Australia
      • View Profile
    « Reply #73 on: July 10, 2019, 08:10:42 am »
    I've just received my missing UK and other European payments.

Offline Short-Circuit

• Earth
      • View Profile
      • Vacuum Tube Amplifiers
    « Reply #74 on: July 10, 2019, 08:44:41 am »
    I used the [email protected] contact and got much faster and better results than the normal help contact form. The last time this happened to me my account payments report just stayed on waiting for bank confirmation. This time with the payments showing paid, but no bank deposit I consider it a  major problem and require whatever it takes to get attention.
    Just incase, Amazon has issued an update about the missing payment. You'll find it on kdp community forum home page
    I have used the KDP Community Forum. If you use it to inquiry problems, it works sometimes. Missing royalty payments I think needs bells, whistles, rockets and whatever else gets attention. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
    Be careful where you stick your finger

KBoards.com

• Advertisement