Author Topic: Hello from SoCal :)  (Read 143 times)  

Offline foreigntrees

• View Profile
Hello from SoCal :)
« on: July 18, 2019, 08:44:36 pm »
Hi there!  :)  After lurking here for a while, I've decided to finally take the plunge and be social.

My name is Brooke and I moved to the Los Angeles area for grad school after finishing my film and creative writing degrees back in North Carolina. I've always been an avid reader and am just now starting to come out of a bit of a writing hibernation now that I'm finally getting settled professionally. I currently work as a proofreader and copy editor for three publishers, while also trying to get my own projects off the ground in my spare time.

Looking forward to learning a lot from the people here!

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Nina Huffney

• USA
      • View Profile
      • Nina Huffney on Blogger
    Re: Hello from SoCal :)
    « Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 01:33:34 pm »
    Hello, foreigntrees. I'm glad you've joined in. Wishing you well with your projects.  :)

Offline foreigntrees

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 05:23:52 pm »
    Thanks Nina!

Offline CaptnAndy

• Folsom, CA
      • View Profile
      • Anomally Report
    « Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 10:37:11 am »
    When I lived in Seal Beach I was a member of the Southern California Writers Association (SCWA). It is a great group that meets every month. Over the years, their speakers have included Ray Bradbury, and others of his stature. They were extremely helpful to this fledgling self-publisher as I struggled to complete my first book. This link is for their web site.: http://www.ocwriter.com/
    You will find them friendly and welcoming. I wish I could make their meetings, but can't handle the 7 hour drive.

A.G. Kimbrough
    After The Final Event: 80%

After The Days Of Infamy: 60%
    A.G. Kimbrough, An Author/Publisher of Historical Fiction and Hard Science Fiction
    A.G. Kimbrough

Offline foreigntrees

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: July 26, 2019, 07:30:50 pm »
    When I lived in Seal Beach I was a member of the Southern California Writers Association (SCWA). It is a great group that meets every month. Over the years, their speakers have included Ray Bradbury, and others of his stature. They were extremely helpful to this fledgling self-publisher as I struggled to complete my first book. This link is for their web site.: http://www.ocwriter.com/
    You will find them friendly and welcoming. I wish I could make their meetings, but can't handle the 7 hour drive.

A.G. Kimbrough

I will bookmark that -- thanks, Andy! It's a little bit of a drive, but some beach time could always make it worth the while to drive down.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement