Author Topic: Large Print question  (Read 263 times)  

Offline MMSN

• View Profile
Large Print question
« on: September 10, 2019, 10:18:51 pm »
Is there any way to make the Large Print Version of a book one of the clickable options that appear beside the Kindle, paperback, and audio options, on the book's sales page?

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Loosecannon

• Western frontier
      • View Profile
      • Modus Operandi Press
    Re: Large Print question
    « Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 09:41:15 am »
    Hmmm.. I wondered that too? It makes way more sense that Amazon would place that option on the same page for readers that might prefer that option...or does a customer have to search for that option separately. (which is not the best 'customer experience' that 'Zon is always talking about ;) )

Offline TromboneAl

• Name IRL: Al Macy
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 10:30:25 am »
    My feeling is that large print books are going extinct. Why? Because Kindle. It's a much better option: you choose your exact font style and size. It's backlit. As someone with vision issues, I've tried some LT books and found the huge font annoying. Also, for some reason, the paper is often too thin, and the text on the opposite side is visible.

LT books are only for:

1. People who can't afford an eReader (some used eReaders go for less than $30--cheaper than a good reading light).
    2. Luddites who refuse to try an eReader because they like the feel and smell of a book.

Al Macy | Web Site

Offline Loosecannon

• Western frontier
      • View Profile
      • Modus Operandi Press
    « Reply #3 on: September 12, 2019, 12:07:09 pm »
    Maybe, but hey even small incremental additional new income = Extra INCOME when you measure it over months/years.

Offline Monique

• California
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: September 12, 2019, 12:48:26 pm »
    I've never done it, but there is an option for large print in the KDP Print upload process, so ... maybe?

Offline CaptnAndy

• Folsom, CA
      • View Profile
      • Anomally Report
    « Reply #5 on: September 13, 2019, 10:14:54 am »
    I'm going with KDP Print for the second book in my Alt History trilogy, After The Rockets Fell. Going with 16 point type for a Large Print edition seemed excessive. I went with 14 point and call it a Clear Print Edition. As someone with severe vision issues, I only read book on my Kindle. I hope the Clear Print Edition covers all the bases.
    I used Apollo Publishing for the first book in the Trilogy, After The Days Of Infamy. I was pleased with their pricing, quality, and response, but they are not currently taking new books for small market authors. They said it is because of the Tariffs on China ??? I guess I will need to change that book to KDP.
    After The Final Event: 80%

After The Days Of Infamy: 60%
    A.G. Kimbrough, An Author/Publisher of Historical Fiction and Hard Science Fiction
    A.G. Kimbrough

Offline MMSN

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: September 13, 2019, 01:47:43 pm »
    Hmmm.. I wondered that too? It makes way more sense that Amazon would place that option on the same page for readers that might prefer that option...or does a customer have to search for that option separately. (which is not the best 'customer experience' that 'Zon is always talking about ;) )

I guess maybe I'll send them an email and ask. Ya never know! :D

KBoards.com

• Advertisement