Author Topic: Lost my Kindle Oasis :( Worth waiting until Black Friday to replace?  (Read 529 times)  

Offline Konolly

• View Profile
Im bereft, I left my 2017 Oasis in a hotel room and it hasnt been found.

I cant live without it so Im going to have to get another, but Im wondering if theres any point waiting until Black Friday for a discount. As far as Im aware there hasnt been a BF discount on the Oasis before, but does anyone have a sense of whether it might be discounted this year?

Either way, Ill definitely be getting a discounted regular Kindle for travelling so this doesnt happen again!

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
    • Not a moderator and haven't ben one for a year.
      • View Profile
    Re: Lost my Kindle Oasis :( Worth waiting until Black Friday to replace?
    « Reply #1 on: October 26, 2019, 05:28:42 am »
    Sorry to hear this. :(

There's no telling about sales. The basic model kindle does seem to go on sale more often than the higher end ones, but I've seen the others on sale as well. The top of the line almost never is on sale unless there's a new model due out.

You might look at warehouse deals on Amazon -- can probably find a refurbished unit for much less money. In my experience, they're generally in 'like new' condition.
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline Konolly

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: October 26, 2019, 06:09:25 am »
    Thanks very much, I thought that might be the case with the top of the line models.

Good tip on the warehouse deals, Ive just found a certified refurbished Voyage which is very tempting, I always wanted one...

Offline OnOneWheel

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: October 26, 2019, 06:24:51 am »
    Bought a refurb Voyage off of Woot last month and it's very nice. Looks brand new as far as i can tell. Got mine for $74, right now they have them for $99. They do also currently have 2016 Paperwhites for $59.

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
    • Not a moderator and haven't ben one for a year.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: October 26, 2019, 06:28:11 am »
    Thanks very much, I thought that might be the case with the top of the line models.

Good tip on the warehouse deals, Ive just found a certified refurbished Voyage which is very tempting, I always wanted one...

The Voyage has been my favorite model since it came out. I like it a bit better even than either Oasis model I've had. (Still have one). The newest Paperwhite is closest to it, but the placement of the on/off button on the Voyage is better.

Bought a refurb Voyage off of Woot last month and it's very nice. Looks brand new as far as i can tell. Got mine for $74, right now they have them for $99. They do also currently have 2016 Paperwhites for $59.

Forgot about them ... yes, that's a good source as well since Amazon owns Woot!
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline Konolly

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: October 26, 2019, 06:41:03 am »
    Thanks very much, unfortunately Woot don't seem to ship to the UK but I think I'm going to go for the Voyage on the regular Amazon site - I've heard nothing but good things about them!

Then I'll eventually get an Oasis strictly to keep at home!
    « Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 06:43:49 am by Konolly »

Offline Fogeydc

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: October 26, 2019, 07:06:30 am »
    Im bereft, I left my 2017 Oasis in a hotel room and it hasnt been found.

I hope you also reported it lost at Amazon, so if it is found it can't be used or re-registered by someone else.

Offline Konolly

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: October 26, 2019, 07:21:22 am »
    I hope you also reported it lost at Amazon, so if it is found it can't be used or re-registered by someone else.

Yes, I've had it blacklisted and deregistered by Amazon. Which makes it more annoying that it's gone for good, it's no use to anyone!

KBoards.com

• Advertisement