Author Topic: Pinterest and/or Instagram  (Read 229 times)  

Offline Kathy Dee

• View Profile
Pinterest and/or Instagram
« on: November 07, 2019, 12:34:30 am »
Because I have been focused on Facebook and Twitter, I have largely ignored other social platforms up until now. But, I am ready to investigate expanding my reach by taking on another network. So I would like to ask others about their experiences on these sites.

With regard to being an author who wants to find readers and engage with them:

Pinterest or Instagram: which do you prefer and why?

What strategy/approach have you used on these platforms?

As someone who as never used (not much anyway) these sites, is there anything you think I should know?

« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 09:02:40 am by Kathy Dee »

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Pyram King

• Caribbean
    • Enjoying the journey.
      • View Profile
      • Destiny's War
    Re: Pinterest and/or Instagram
    « Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 07:53:46 am »
    I am a newbie - so please value my opinion as such.

My strategy is simple - GO WIDE and SIMPLE.

How does this work?

Social Media: One post = 3 platforms: Facebook and Instagram and Twitter can all be connected easily.

This morning I posted a picture to Instagram about my book, clicked post to Facebook and Twitter and it is ONE post that just went to two other platforms.
    Then I shared the post of Facebook to a couple of several groups - which then generated responses.

This means - if you want to only engage with Instagram, then everything you post you can blast automatically to facebook and twitter.

Blog: One blog post =  3 platforms: website, author central, good reads.

Amazon Author Central and Good Reads have my blog feed.
    I post to my blog and Amazon Author Central and Good Reads are automatically updated.

My thought is - keep it simple, one post, let it populate the other platforms and go wide and simple.

Of course - that is my very humble opinion based on very limited experience.
    I am sure others here may provide better insight.

Hope this helps.

Pyram King | Amazon Author | Facebook | GoodReads | Blog

Offline Kathy Dee

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 09:07:43 am »
    I am a newbie - so please value my opinion as such.

My strategy is simple - GO WIDE and SIMPLE.

How does this work?

Social Media: One post = 3 platforms: Facebook and Instagram and Twitter can all be connected easily.

Thanks for your response - I appreciate you taking the time.

Of course there is nothing wrong with blasting your post everywhere, but I would just caution that the automated tools for doing so are often limited and consequently ineffective, or less effective than they might be.

I used to do what you are doing using IFTTT. I have tried other services too, but none of them did exactly what I wanted. So these days, I take more care with Facebook and Twitter posts - and I get better results too.

Best,

K
    « Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 11:09:10 am by Kathy Dee »

Offline CaptnAndy

• Folsom, CA
      • View Profile
      • Anomally Report
    « Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 09:56:40 am »
    Because my AMS adds were not cost effective I stopped them and used Pinterest adds for my newest book, After The Rockets Fell. I also ran a Pinterest add on the first book in the Alt History trilogy, After The Days Of Infamy. The result have been better than I have ever achieved on AMS. Your results may very, but I suggest you will be pleased with the results. I have also made Pinterest posts on all my other 15 books, and their sales have picked up, without discount promotions or adds.
    After The Final Event: 80%

After The Days Of Infamy: 60%
    A.G. Kimbrough, An Author/Publisher of Historical Fiction and Hard Science Fiction
    A.G. Kimbrough

Offline Kathy Dee

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 11:11:45 am »
    Because my AMS adds were not cost effective I stopped them and used Pinterest adds for my newest book, After The Rockets Fell. I also ran a Pinterest add on the first book in the Alt History trilogy, After The Days Of Infamy. The result have been better than I have ever achieved on AMS. Your results may very, but I suggest you will be pleased with the results. I have also made Pinterest posts on all my other 15 books, and their sales have picked up, without discount promotions or adds.

Very interesting. Were you able to measure the ROI?

KBoards.com

• Advertisement