Author Topic: No Reviews My Ebook Kindle Store  (Read 665 times)  

Offline valerik80

• View Profile
No Reviews My Ebook Kindle Store
« on: November 11, 2019, 01:24:48 am »
Hi to all,
I published an ebook on KDP together with KDP select.
The book is in free promotion by  a few days. it is downloaded (about 20 per day).
But I don't get any reviews. Is there something I don't know?
Should I contact reviewer?

Thanks to All

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline ImaWriter

• Canada
      • View Profile
    Re: No Reviews My Ebook Kindle Store
    « Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 04:15:04 am »
    Reviews are very, very hard to get. And i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but  if you are only getting 20 downloads per day (and that's during a promo??), don't expect any reviews. A lot of people average 1 organic review to 1,000 KU downloads.
    « Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 04:20:57 am by ImaWriter »

Offline A. N. Other Author

• Staffordshire, UK
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 05:33:16 am »
    Additional bearer of bad news here, I'm afraid.

Free books don't always get read. People will download them to stack on their Kindles but a lot get forgotten about. I read a stat that said about 1 in 100 get read all the way through, but I can't remember the source. Often, people will download the free book instead of going to the read inside, figure they don't like the writing style, and either delete the book or forget about it.

There are some services you can go to that garner reviews, like https://happybookreviews.com/ although they don't guarantee a number of reviews (because they're legit and don't break Amazon's TOS) but it costs a small amount to gain access.

If you haven't already, leave a polite note at the end of your book, too. That often helps.

Best of luck. 

Offline Gregg Bell

• Itasca, Illinois
      • View Profile
      • greggbell.net
    « Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 12:58:18 pm »
    Do giveaways through places like BookFunnel or Prolific Works. Set it up so that the reader gets a free book in exchange for their email address. Then start a newsletter and send to all the email addresses you've collected. When you bring out a new book you can ask your newsletter signups if they will write reviews of an ARC (Advance Reader Copy or Advance Review Copy). That works. It's not hard to do. Of course you need to set up a website, newsletter and accounts with places like BookFunnel. But over the long haul it's well worth it, and not just for the reviews. Your newsletter people can help you in all kinds of ways.

Offline jb1111

• PNW US
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 11:33:45 pm »
    Reviews aren't everything. Sales are the only "review" that really counts.

Offline valerik80

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: November 12, 2019, 12:30:51 am »
    Thank you all for the useful advice.

Anyway i'm talking about non-fiction book. I see some ebook(in the same category) published by a week with 7/8 reviews.
    It seems strange to me that they have made over 5000 sales.  All reviews purchased?
    They have Amazon Best Sellers Rank over 150000.

Greetings to all of you
    Vale

Offline Laran Mithras

• Butte MT
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: November 12, 2019, 03:20:44 am »
    Many reviews are ARCs (Advance Review Copy). That's why a new release can have 50 glowing reviews within minutes of release. They went through a 300 page book that fast? But, as has been said, reviews are nothing. I get a review about every 150-200 books sold, and many consider that somewhat good. Some of my books have sold 500+ copies and still show no reviews on Amazon, but great reviews on Goodreads.

Essentially, if you're chasing or are worried about reviews, you're looking at this the wrong way. Worry about the sales. Most Amazon reviews look like they were pounded out by hysterical people who are one keystroke away from total breakdown. I have author friends who wrangle reviews at around 1 review per 30 sales (ARCS and promotion) and then come in later and wonder why their book isn't selling well. "I got all these great reviews..."

Offline ImaWriter

• Canada
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: November 12, 2019, 04:44:31 am »
    Thank you all for the useful advice.

Anyway i'm talking about non-fiction book. I see some ebook(in the same category) published by a week with 7/8 reviews.
    It seems strange to me that they have made over 5000 sales.  All reviews purchased?
    They have Amazon Best Sellers Rank over 150000.

Greetings to all of you
    Vale

You can never compare how things are going for you to how they are going for someone else. There are far too many variables to consider.

How much marketing are you/they doing?
    How big is their/your following?
    How good is their/your packaging?
    How much credibility do you/they have in your field?
    How good is their/your editing and proofreading.

Grammar and syntax on your posts strongly suggest English isn't your first language. How perfectly edited is your look inside? Improper English will turn away potential borrowers and buyers. And will earn you bad reviews.

Selling books on Amazon is very, very, very hard. Fiction or non-fiction. And if this is your first book, it's even harder.

Offline unkownwriter

• View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: November 12, 2019, 05:19:01 am »
    You can never compare how things are going for you to how they are going for someone else. There are far too many variables to consider.

How much marketing are you/they doing?
    How big is their/your following?
    How good is their/your packaging?
    How much credibility do you/they have in your field?
    How good is their/your editing and proofreading.

Grammar and syntax on your posts strongly suggest English isn't your first language. How perfectly edited is your look inside? Improper English will turn away potential borrowers and buyers. And will earn you bad reviews.

Selling books on Amazon is very, very, very hard. Fiction or non-fiction. And if this is your first book, it's even harder.

Quoting for emphasis. Publishing these days is so easy, but selling books is still very hard.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement