Author Topic: Random free $5 from the Zon  (Read 463 times)  

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Not a moderator and haven't ben one for a year.
    • View Profile
Random free $5 from the Zon
« on: December 24, 2019, 11:36:18 am »
Just got an email that said, "go buy that book on your wish list, we'll give you $5 off". Sadly, the book referenced I'd already borrowed from the library and read, but I clicked through anyway and then went and did some clean up on my wish list. Turns out, there were a number of books the $5 could go against, so I got something else. Yay me. :)
My Kindles
Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
My Tardis (PW 10)

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
    • Member #1600 since January 15, 2009
      • View Profile
    Re: Random free $5 from the Zon
    « Reply #1 on: December 26, 2019, 07:26:04 am »
    That's the same offer I got a couple of weeks ago and posted about in the Historical Mystery thread.  After your post, I checked my e-mail and I had another $5 off offer on another book in my wish list.  This time I was able to get the next Anna Huber for $6.99 instead of $11.99 (that's why it was on the wish list to watch, I didn't want to pay $11.99!).

I still don't know what Amazon's parameters are to make these $5 offers, but the two times I have received them they were tied to a single specific book from an Amazon wish list.  So keep those lists up to date!!

Offline nightfire

• NYC
      • View Profile
      • BookGoodies Network - Sites for Book Lovers
    « Reply #2 on: December 26, 2019, 08:07:36 am »
    I need to put some books on my wish list!
    Deborah Carney
    BookGoodies - Authors Start Here - Author Interviews, Post Your Book with links to ALL platforms where it is for sale
    Steamy Romance Books ~ Erotica Everyday

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: December 26, 2019, 06:08:53 pm »
    That's the same offer I got a couple of weeks ago and posted about in the Historical Mystery thread.  After your post, I checked my e-mail and I had another $5 off offer on another book in my wish list.  This time I was able to get the next Anna Huber for $6.99 instead of $11.99 (that's why it was on the wish list to watch, I didn't want to pay $11.99!).

I still don't know what Amazon's parameters are to make these $5 offers, but the two times I have received them they were tied to a single specific book from an Amazon wish list.  So keep those lists up to date!!

I knew I'd remembered seeing something about it ... but couldn't remember what thread. :D

In my case the email definitely referenced a specific book on my list, but when I went through the list I found a number of other books that, if I clicked through, showed that the $5 would be applied. All were 'big publisher' titles -- the books that normally run 10 -15 dollars. There was a 3 or 4 day time limit to use it.
    My Kindles
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline lindnet

• Redding, CA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: December 27, 2019, 11:05:09 am »
    My offer said if I spend $20 in ebooks, I get a $5 ebook credit.  Not sure if I'll use it or not.
    Linda

Offline crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: December 27, 2019, 11:40:01 am »
    My offer said if I spend $20 in ebooks, I get a $5 ebook credit.  Not sure if I'll use it or not.

I had that offer both on my Amazon Kindle Store home page as well as in an e-mail today.  $20 of books already bought and $5 credit spent, too ... :D

That particular offer was only good for 3-4 days (including spending the credit), so I was happy I had Christmas gift cards to add to my account and take advantage of it!

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: December 27, 2019, 11:44:05 am »
    I had that offer both on my Amazon Kindle Store home page as well as in an e-mail today.  $20 of books already bought and $5 credit spent, too ... :D

That particular offer was only good for 3-4 days (including spending the credit), so I was happy I had Christmas gift cards to add to my account and take advantage of it!

I did the same thing :)
    I used my Christmas money to buy books from my wishlist to get the $5 credit.

Offline Fogeydc

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: December 27, 2019, 11:45:04 am »

I got that email today too.
    I'll be looking over my wish-lists, browsing history &  some tabs I've still got open to think about.
    The MOI grows ever taller.  :)

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: December 27, 2019, 12:45:42 pm »
    I didn't get an email about $5 for spending $20, but I did see it on the site. I clicked to activate it but I'm not sure I need to spend more money. ::)
    My Kindles
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: December 27, 2019, 02:17:47 pm »
    I didn't get an email about $5 for spending $20, but I did see it on the site. I clicked to activate it but I'm not sure I need to spend more money. ::)

FTFY  ;)

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: December 27, 2019, 03:53:40 pm »
    FTFY  ;)

;D

update: so my parish gives a gift each Christmas. Generally a relevant religious book which in most cases I don't have a lot of interest in but figure it's good for me to give it a shot. I usually look for the kindle edition, though and, if not too expensive, buy it and read it that way. This year's book was $14 on Kindle which I thought was higher than I wanted to spend BUT I had a $5 credit from something. I'm not even sure what. So that brought it down to $9 so I went ahead and got it.

I don't think the credit is this get $5 when spending $20 thing, because I haven't spent $20 since I activated it. Unless it counted things I'd bought retroactively over the previous month or so. And the previous $5 credit had already been applied to a wish list book. Ah well. I guess I won't complain. :)
    « Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 05:55:23 am by Ann in Arlington »
    My Kindles
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

KBoards.com

• Advertisement