Author Topic: Free Book Finds 2020  (Read 5416 times)  

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Not a moderator and haven't ben one for a year.
    • View Profile
Free Book Finds 2020
« on: January 01, 2020, 03:50:31 am »
Post free* book finds here.   No self-promotion please!

To search Amazon for free books, click here.

This thread is for members to post their Free book finds, no self-promotion please. Posts about an author's own books will be removed. Also, please don't post your friend's book as a "find."  You didn't just  "find it," did you? ;) 

And please do not link through other sites:  use KBoards affiliate links (link-maker above) or generic Amazon links. :)

If you have a book of your own to promote, you may start a thread all your own in the Book Bazaar to promote your book, to post news and to talk to your fans!  Of course, you may also list the book in your Avatar and signature.  And you may list your temporarily free books in our Links to Free Books thread. Thanks!

Tip: typing in the title in addition to including the cover helps when doing searches!

We generally try to keep this thread on topic with book posts only, off-topic posts will be "pruned"!  This helps members who use the "new post" indicator or who have subscribed to the thread.  Thanks for your cooperation!

*buyer beware:  though books are free when posted here, prices on Amazon can change without warning so be sure to look before you click!
**international members:  these books are free in the US, but may not be free in your country.  Again, be sure to look before you click

Did we mention No Self Promotion?
My Kindles
Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
My Tardis (PW 10)

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline hamerfan

• Turtleback
      • View Profile
    Re: Free Book Finds 2020
    « Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 08:43:03 am »
    Native Americans: A Captivating Guide to Native American History and the Trail of Tears, Including Tribes Such as the Cherokee, Muscogee Creek, Seminole, Chickasaw, and Choctaw Nations by Captivating History.
    I just came across this free two volume book, so I don't know how much it regularly goes for, but it's free now.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 08:45:56 am by hamerfan »
    Carpe Manana

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
    • Not a moderator and haven't ben one for a year.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 04:26:14 am »
    Bach, Beethoven, and the Boys

If it Ain't Baroque

These are two books on music history. I am assured by several music teachers I know that they are quite good -- informative without being dry or boring. Lots of humor.  The books are in KU but, more importantly, and relevant to this thread, they will be offered FREE this weekend.

When the Fat Lady Sings is another of his on opera and is free now. Not sure if that's the regular price.
    « Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 04:29:36 am by Ann in Arlington »
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline Oasisfan

• Ireland
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 01:20:30 am »
    Bach, Beethoven, and the Boys

If it Ain't Baroque

These are two books on music history. I am assured by several music teachers I know that they are quite good -- informative without being dry or boring. Lots of humor.  The books are in KU but, more importantly, and relevant to this thread, they will be offered FREE this weekend.

When the Fat Lady Sings is another of his on opera and is free now. Not sure if that's the regular price.

Bach, Beethoven and the Boys is available free to read on Kindle Unlimited (Amazon UK)
    The Heart is a Heavy Burden (Howls Moving Castle)

Offline Sporadic

• Cocoa Beach, Florida
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: May 20, 2020, 09:39:01 am »
    Chicken Soup for the Soul 20th Anniversary Edition: All Your Favorite Original Stories Plus 20 Bonus Stories for the Next 20 Years by Jack Canfield

https://smile.amazon.com/Chicken-Soup-Soul-20th-Anniversary-ebook/dp/B012YEQS3W

Now more than ever, we could all use a little Chicken Soup for the Soul, which is why we've made this eBook available for free. This twentieth anniversary edition of the original Chicken Soup for the Soul is brimming with even more hope and inspiration—the stories you've always loved, plus 20 bonus stories from the world's most respected thought leaders.

Twenty years later, Chicken Soup for the Soul continues to open the heart and rekindle the spirit. Celebrate the twentieth anniversary with the classic book that inspired millions—reinvigorated with bonus stories of inspiration! You will find hope and inspiration in these 101 heartwarming stories about counting your blessings, thinking positive, and overcoming challenges.

Offline Erica2222

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: June 05, 2020, 10:02:49 pm »
    I found these books. Really great books.

Lisa, The Adventurer by J. E. Menzie. Its for children, but great for reading during the COVID-19 pandemic because it teaches about hygiene.

Afterlife: A Dark, Fantasy, Paranormal Romance (Afterlife Saga Book 1)
    by Stephanie Hudson is also awesome.

Offline The Hooded Claw

• Card-carrying melodrama villain
      • View Profile
      • All about me....<hee hee>
    « Reply #6 on: August 10, 2020, 11:49:38 am »
    https://www.amazon.com/Luftwaffe-Fighter-Force-View-Cockpit-ebook/dp/B01HDVC0Z6/ref=sr_1_8?crid=1YEDN04ZP05AK&dchild=1&keywords=adolf+galland&qid=1597085216&s=books&sprefix=Adolf+galland%2Cstripbooks%2C189&sr=1-8

The Luftwaffe Fighter Force: The View from the Cockpit Kindle Edition
    by Adolf Galland (Author), David C. Isby (Editor)

Galland was commander of German fighter forces in WWII, and Isby is a respected writer on WWII. Though this appears to be mostly mission reports from individual pilots. Free from Simon and Schuster.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 11:52:58 am by The Hooded Claw »
    "Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."  - Albert Einstein

Offline The Hooded Claw

• Card-carrying melodrama villain
      • View Profile
      • All about me....<hee hee>
    "Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."  - Albert Einstein

KBoards.com

• Advertisement