Author Topic: Free with Kindle Unlimited: Further From Home  (Read 75 times)  

Offline epicdylan

• View Profile
Free with Kindle Unlimited: Further From Home
« on: January 27, 2020, 08:58:25 pm »
Hey everyone, I'm Dylan.

I put a collection of short stories on Amazon a few years ago (January 2018) and I'm not sure what I was expecting, but sales didn't exactly take off. I'm sure a lot of you have released works that sold fewer copies than you wanted them to, but mine sold next to zero. Zilch. Nada.

All of that ended about a week ago, when an acquaintance asked me a spate of questions about my work. I'd been promoting my philosophy book around academic circles, and it occurred to me that the short stories were much easier to explain and far more relatable, even if I had built-in a bit of mystique to leave the author hanging, perhaps bringing about some sort of meditative frame of mind in the best of cases.

So, I went ahead and shared the link with the man. He bought a copy, read it on an airplane, and reviewed it--he had enjoyed it immensely! 5 stars! I was thrilled.

Then, six days ago, I decided to make a run at this fiction author thing. I have a website (thomasdylandanielauthor.com) which I've built, and thanks to a Facebook ad and some publicity from my good friends at social media site Cent, I was actually able to move 70 copies (some free, some sold for $3.99, a fair price for 20 short stories in an ebook IMO) in about 5 days. Which felt amazing!

I wanted to come here to try and keep the momentum up, and I wasn't quite sure what to post at first. But then I remembered that YOU can still read my book for free, via Kindle Unlimited!

So without further adieu, I give you Further From Home: https://www.amazon.com/Further-Home-collection-philosophical-fiction-ebook/dp/B0795LDG1M/ref=sr_1_1?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1580186986&refinements=p_28%3Afurther+from+home&s=digital-text&search-type=ss&sr=1-1

I would love to hear any thoughts you might have about the work, and PLEASE feel free to leave a review if you enjoy it!

Has anyone else had this sort of experience before, where nothing works, nothing works, and then suddenly, something surprises you and gets you motivated?

Thomas Dylan Daniel | Author Site | Cent | Facebook | Twitter

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline leewayhertz11

• View Profile
      • IoT Development Company
    IoT Development Company
    « Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 03:20:24 am »
    IoT Development Company

We are an experienced award-winning Enterprise, Industrial and Consumer IoT applications development company.
    IoT Development Company
    We are an experienced award-winning Enterprise, Industrial and Consumer IoT applications development company.

Offline leewayhertz11

• View Profile
      • IoT Development Company
    Re: Free with Kindle Unlimited: Further From Home
    « Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 03:22:07 am »
    IoT Development Company
    IoT Development Company

KBoards.com

• Advertisement