Author Topic: Kindle and Cruising  (Read 376 times)  

Offline donaldschoengold

• View Profile
Kindle and Cruising
« on: January 24, 2020, 02:35:14 pm »
I always load a bunch of books from my public library onto my Kindle when we going a a cruise.  The problem is that the library loan is only for 21 days and we do longer cruises so the books expire.  If I put the Kindle in airplane mode, would keep the books from expiring until we get home.

DON

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
    • Not a moderator and haven't ben one for a year.
      • View Profile
    Re: Kindle and Cruising
    « Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 07:21:44 pm »
    I always load a bunch of books from my public library onto my Kindle when we going a a cruise.  The problem is that the library loan is only for 21 days and we do longer cruises so the books expire.  If I put the Kindle in airplane mode, would keep the books from expiring until we get home.

DON

The books will still 'expire' and will be removed from your account on the day they're due back. But if the device they're on has been in airplane mode, they will not be removed from the device until you connect again to wireless. So, yeah, this is a good way to keep library books after the loan period.

If you want or need to regularly connect to get daily papers or blogs or something, you'll have a problem when the loan period is up, 'cause as soon as you connect on that 22nd day, the book will be removed. One option would be to put the library books on a second device that you leave in airplane mode the whole time.
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

KBoards.com

• Advertisement