Kindle Forum banner

Amazon first reads -- February 2020

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  MMiller81 
#1 ·
Amazon First Reads

Back to picking 1 this month.

Contemporary Fiction: Dead teenager as a ghost following a horrific accident?

Psychological Suspense: A damaged person being exploited/ gaslighted.

Memoir: Not really a memoir person. Especially of someone I've never heard of.

Thriller: Serial Killer, copycat, FBI procedural. A possibility. First in a series.

Historical Fiction: Post WWII, this time East Germany.

Mystery: Single mother with a past whose investigation is one step ahead of the cops. But not a cozy. Still, a possibility. Also first in a series.

Fantasy: Unprepared young woman on a quest to fullfill a dire prophecy.

Children's Picture Book: Billed as for new parents.

I didn't actually pick anything last month. Two possibilities here this month but I have SOOOOO much to read already! :eek:

See less See more
#4 ·
Linjeakel said:
Almost the same list in the UK this month.

The mystery offering, Hide Away, looks like a possibility, but do I really need it, especially when it's yet another series starter? *looks at TBR pile mountain and sighs*
Yeah ... that's my feeling about these. If I was looking for something to read, maybe. But I have around 8 borrowed from the library that I have to finish before the end of February, plus another half dozen through Prime Reading and the January KOLL borrow. And that doesn't count books I own that I've not read. Sigh!

#6 ·
I always pick something from the First Reads.  I guess I just can't turn down "free", lol.  And some of them turn out to be great reads and/or turn me on to a new author.  I liked the sound of the two that Ann liked and even thought the In An Instant sounded interesting.  I usually mull them over for a few days, wait for more reviews, and then grab one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.