Author Topic: This new Cover Creator tool makes creating covers a breeze  (Read 856 times)  

Offline KathleenS

• Illinois
    • View Profile
    • Book Brush
This new Cover Creator tool makes creating covers a breeze
« on: February 05, 2020, 01:25:15 pm »
Book Brush launched a Cover Creator tool this week - a revolutionary tool that you can use to easily create any cover you need.  :)

Key Features:
   Choose from eBook, print or audio sizes
   The print option has sizes for whatever platform you want with spine and back of book design options
   Several templates to start you in the right direction
   Remove the background of an image to easily use just the person, animal or object in one click
   Export as JPG, PNG, PDF

;D To learn more, click here: (https://bookbrush.com/cover-creator-learn-more/)

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline C. Gold

• View Profile
      • Golden Elm Publishing
    Re: This new Cover Creator tool makes creating covers a breeze
    « Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 03:49:05 pm »
    This tool sure has come a long way. :)

Offline MaxDaemon

• View Profile
      • Electrik Ink
    « Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 07:16:16 pm »
    Oh, hey!

I just looked at the new update. Wow, I have to say if it's as good as the video shows, I'll definitely make some use of it. I tried it out when it first came out a year or so ago, but it was (in my opinion) seriously lacking in what I actually wanted to do. The new cover creator is exactly that, though.

I'll poke at it some this weekend and probably add some comments here.

V.R. Tapscott | Electrik Ink

Offline Brevoort

• Calgary
      • View Profile
      • The Disaster Tourist
    « Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 07:24:49 pm »

I haven't used it in anger yet but just the couple of hours I've messed around with it show that it could be a serious tool.

I was already greatly impressed with BookBrush but this addition takes everything much higher
    Rick Grant
    Calgary

Offline MaxDaemon

• View Profile
      • Electrik Ink
    « Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 08:20:38 pm »

I haven't used it in anger yet but just the couple of hours I've messed around with it show that it could be a serious tool.

I was already greatly impressed with BookBrush but this addition takes everything much higher

For me, I use Gimp to put my covers together. Now, Gimp for that is kind of the battleship where a rowboat would be more efficient. Bookbrush might now be my rowboat. :-) But we'll see. I've been snookered before.

Offline TSDwrites

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 09:31:54 pm »
    Love the app but I am a little confused after all the additions and plus options on top of the base subscription.
    I just mainly use it for Twitter graphics.

Offline Delete This Account

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: February 05, 2020, 09:37:53 pm »
    For me, I use Gimp to put my covers together. Now, Gimp for that is kind of the battleship where a rowboat would be more efficient. Bookbrush might now be my rowboat. :-) But we'll see. I've been snookered before.

I use JASC Paint Shop Pro from 1998. Occasionally I use GIMP when I need a good blend or lens flare.

Offline MaxDaemon

• View Profile
      • Electrik Ink
    « Reply #7 on: February 05, 2020, 10:22:09 pm »
    I use JASC Paint Shop Pro from 1998. Occasionally I use GIMP when I need a good blend or lens flare.

Ahh .. the good old days. I actually came across my original disk of PSP the other day. Corel bought them and killed it, right?

• View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: February 06, 2020, 07:39:29 am »
    Ahh .. the good old days. I actually came across my original disk of PSP the other day. Corel bought them and killed it, right?

Exactly. They turned it into a Photoshop clone. I've never been able to figure out any of the newer graphics programs because the creators have no idea how to harness their power with a logical user interface and simple controls.
    I taught myself PSP without a single tutorial, but I had to watch the same tutorials many times to figure out how to make a transparency or blend images with GIMP, and that's still all I can do (PSP does transparencies but the keying is not adjustable, so I found workarounds to create better composites). Even zooming or adding text is a nightmare compared to PSP.

Offline MaxDaemon

• View Profile
      • Electrik Ink
    « Reply #9 on: February 06, 2020, 07:42:07 am »
    Exactly. They turned it into a Photoshop clone. I've never been able to figure out any of the newer graphics programs because the creators have no idea how to harness their power with a logical user interface and simple controls.
    I taught myself PSP without a single tutorial, but I had to watch the same tutorials many times to figure out how to make a transparency or blend images with GIMP, and that's still all I can do (PSP does transparencies but the keying is not adjustable, so I found workarounds to create better composites). Even zooming or adding text is a nightmare compared to PSP.

Yea, same here. Getting text on a path is a nightmare. Drawing a simple box takes all kinds of steps. But for those times you NEED the battleship, it will do about anything.

I'm looking forward to trying out Bookbrush again, it really looks like this version has potential for decent book covers rather than whatever it was they were doing up to now.

• View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: February 06, 2020, 07:51:32 am »
    Yea, same here. Getting text on a path is a nightmare. Drawing a simple box takes all kinds of steps. But for those times you NEED the battleship, it will do about anything.

I'm looking forward to trying out Bookbrush again, it really looks like this version has potential for decent book covers rather than whatever it was they were doing up to now.

90% Paint Shop Pro 5 ⤵️
    « Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 07:53:46 am by B.L. Alley »

Offline KathleenS

• Illinois
      • View Profile
      • Book Brush
    « Reply #11 on: February 06, 2020, 08:15:12 am »
    Oh, hey!

I just looked at the new update. Wow, I have to say if it's as good as the video shows, I'll definitely make some use of it. I tried it out when it first came out a year or so ago, but it was (in my opinion) seriously lacking in what I actually wanted to do. The new cover creator is exactly that, though.

I'll poke at it some this weekend and probably add some comments here.

We look forward to you checking out the Cover Creator and our other newer additions like the Box Set Creator and Instant Mockups if you have time!

Offline MaxDaemon

• View Profile
      • Electrik Ink
    « Reply #12 on: February 07, 2020, 07:26:06 pm »
    Ok. Went to take a look at it. There's no way that I can see to check out the Cover Creator without buying a $99 subscription. Don't you think it would be a good idea to offer maybe ONE cover per account to at least see what it does? Or is there something I'm missing?

Offline BrianKittrell

• View Profile
      • Late Nite Books
    « Reply #13 on: February 07, 2020, 11:33:46 pm »
    Ok. Went to take a look at it. There's no way that I can see to check out the Cover Creator without buying a $99 subscription. Don't you think it would be a good idea to offer maybe ONE cover per account to at least see what it does? Or is there something I'm missing?

Yeah, looks like the cover creator is a premium-only feature, even though the signup page advertises it as free. Oh, well. I don't need covers constantly, and I'm an expert in Photoshop.
    - Brian Kittrell, Late Nite Books | Twitter | Facebook

Author pages: Amazon

Offline KathleenS

• Illinois
      • View Profile
      • Book Brush
    « Reply #14 on: February 13, 2020, 09:28:03 am »

Here's another new addition at Book Brush - a background remover tool. Its powered by artificial intelligence and can remove the background from most images with an animal, person, vehicle or product so you can create elements perfect for layering in your image. 

Check it out here: (https://bookbrush.com/remove-background-learn-more/)

KBoards.com

• Advertisement