Author Topic: Translate your book from English to Spanish - Affordable fees  (Read 600 times)  

Offline Natalia S.

• Buenos Aires
    • View Profile
    • Tradulibro
Translate your book from English to Spanish - Affordable fees
« on: February 29, 2020, 02:13:21 pm »
Hello authors,

My name is Natalia and I am an English-Spanish translator / Spanish copyeditor from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I would like to invite you to visit my website https://tradulibro.net

I created the website with three objectives:

** Offer translation and editing services
** Help authors promote their translated books among Spanish-speaking readers
** Help readers learn about books from foreign authors. I know how hard it is to promote a new book and doing it in a language you are not familiar with is even harder.

What will you find on this site?

** Translation services: Get a quote to translate your book into Spanish. Translation fees will include copyediting services and a translation of the books description as well as the authors biography.

** Copyediting services: Have you already had your book translated? Have the translation reviewed by another professional. No matter how great each of us is at our job, a new set of eyes will always find something to correct or improve. It happens to authors; it happens to translators.

** The ease of an English language platform that allows you to add your books to a Spanish language website for Spanish-speaking readers.

I have very affordable fees and payment plans, which you can see on the site. You will also find details of the books I already translated, as well as comments from previous and current clients.

I hope to work with you in the future. Feel free to contact me with any questions.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 09:01:00 am by Natalia S. »

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline mono2302

• View Profile
    Re: Translate your book from English to Spanish and more
    « Reply #1 on: February 29, 2020, 09:59:48 pm »
    I highly recommend Natalia as I have worked with her in the past on several translation projects. She is an absolute professional and you can be assured of an affordable top-notch translation.

Offline David Penny

• Historical thrillers and maybe a return to SF
      • View Profile
      • David Penny - The Red Hill
    Re: Translate your book from English to Spanish and more
    « Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 10:11:14 am »
    After a less than stellar experience with Babelcube, I first used Natalie to proofread and correct the Spanish MS for the first book in my Historical Mystery series set in Moorish Spain. After doing a great job on that I commissioned her to translate the second book and was more than satisfied with her performance. Natalie is professional, skilled, and sticks to her deadlines.

David Penny | Website

Offline Stephen Wayne

• View Profile
    Re: Translate your book from English to Spanish - Affordable fees
    « Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 01:13:50 am »
    Thanks for the info. I might be interested in translating my writing guide to Spanish. :)

Offline ShaneCarrow

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 01:37:09 am »
    Interesting. I'll definitely check it out.

For those who have already translated books into Spanish - how big do you find the Spanish-language market? Obviously Latin America plus Spain is half a billion people, but I have no clue what e-reader or Amazon penetration is like in that market.

Shane Carrow

Offline Natalia S.

• Buenos Aires
      • View Profile
      • Tradulibro
    « Reply #5 on: March 18, 2020, 06:36:08 am »
    Thanks for the info. I might be interested in translating my writing guide to Spanish. :)

Hi Stephen,

Whenever you are ready  :) If you have any questions, feel free to contact me through the website.

Offline Natalia S.

• Buenos Aires
      • View Profile
      • Tradulibro
    « Reply #6 on: March 18, 2020, 07:19:38 am »
    Interesting. I'll definitely check it out.

For those who have already translated books into Spanish - how big do you find the Spanish-language market? Obviously Latin America plus Spain is half a billion people, but I have no clue what e-reader or Amazon penetration is like in that market.

Hi Shane,

Honestly, I cannot talk about percentages or official statistics. I can comment on things I have seen during this time I have been working with books: Spanish-speaking people are definitely avid readers. There are hundreds and hundreds of blogs and social media accounts dedicated to talk about books. What I did notice is that people are quite fond of paperbacks and, even though they are turning to ebooks more and more as time goes by, if you check blogs or Instagram accounts, youll see either the cover of the book or a photo of the paperback copy. So I think authors need to take that into account and consider having paperback as an option now that there are places to print on demand.

Regarding sales, I admit it is hard to position a book from an unknown author in the market, especially when there is not a huge promotion campaign done by a publishing company. Readers are not familiar with the author and the author does not speak the language to be posting on social media or knowing where to place ads or interacting with readers. Personally, I do my best to help with that by posting the books on social media, doing interviews for readers to know the author and contacting blogs for reviews. But everything takes time and effort and a lot of patience. And that goes for the author as well. Some do not even have their website in Spanish or in the language their translated books are. You cannot invite someone to join your newsletter in a language the person may not speak. So spending money in translating the book, but then publish it and leave it to chance to see if someone buys or not will not turn into profit.

So yes, the market is huge, but it needs as much dedication as your original books for people to know they exist because the offer is also huge and people will not be looking for needle in haystacks. You need to catch their attention.

I know it is a risk and it involves spending money without knowing if you will earn it back, but with dedication I believe you will find it a great market to enter. You just need to present a good product and by good product I mean a GOOD translation. About 80% of the bad reviews I saw in Amazon when helping authors promote their already translated book (not by me) were specifically due to the translation quality and not the story itself. That is also what dedication means: making sure you deliver a good product right from the beginning. You can fix it later, by spending more money, but that 1-star review will remain there until better ones start to come in.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. I like reading authors' opinions because it helps me offer a better service and understand why they may or may not be interested in translation.

Offline Natalia S.

• Buenos Aires
      • View Profile
      • Tradulibro
    « Reply #7 on: June 28, 2020, 04:43:53 pm »
    Dear authors,

If you are thinking about reaching new markets with your books and are looking to translate them into Spanish, please visit https://tradulibro.net

What will you find on this site?

** Translation services: Get a quote to translate your book into Spanish. Translation fees will include copyediting services and a translation of the book�s description as well as the author�s biography.

** Copyediting services: Have you already had your book translated? Have the translation reviewed by another professional. No matter how great each of us is at our job, a new set of eyes will always find something to correct or improve. It happens to authors; it happens to translators.

** The ease of an English language platform that allows you to add your books to a Spanish language website for Spanish-speaking readers.

I have very affordable fees and payment plans, which you can see on the site. You will also find details of the books I already translated, as well as comments from previous and current clients.

I hope to work with you in the future. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement