Author Topic: ebook organising and storing.  (Read 246 times)  

Offline Bracken

• View Profile
ebook organising and storing.
« on: March 01, 2020, 08:45:53 am »
Hi all, I have looked for an answer but not found one so here goes. I use Calibre ebook organiser and have most of my books now on external portable drives. I have always downloaded my kindle books to my pc as well as my kindle , and then put them in my calibre libraries. starting today I do not seem to be able to open the books and add to calibre library any more. last time I did it was end of January.
           Does anyone know if it is something to do with amazon stopping people moving their downloaded books?  It can take hours to find the book you want using manage your content on Amazon rather than the moments it takes in calibre.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Linjeakel

• United Kingdom
    • Erm .....
      • View Profile
    Re: ebook organising and storing.
    « Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 10:43:20 am »
    I have only a passing knowledge of Calibre but from memory when you download your Kindle book to your PC you have to specify which of your Kindles the file is intended for (even if you don't intend to transfer to a Kindle but to import it into Calibre).

Those files have changed over the years with the different models of Kindles and it may be that your Kindle is an older model whose download files are no longer recognised by the latest version of Calibre. Have you recently updated Calibre to a newer version? I seem to remember they have previous versions available on the website so you may need to install a previous version of Calibre until such time as you get a newer Kindle.

I'm not absolutely certain that's your problem, it's just my best guess.
    Linda

KBoards.com

• Advertisement