Author Topic: Default Device  (Read 431 times)  

Offline etexlady

• View Profile
Default Device
« on: March 05, 2020, 03:30:37 pm »
I have several Kindles and one Fire tablet.  I have designated the Kindle I use primarily as the default device for book downloads.  But it seems whenever I purchase and start to download a book, the default device has changed to the Fire tablet.  I go to Manage Your Devices on the Amazon app and change it back to my preferred device.  This happens over and over and its annoying.  Any easy fixes?

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Linjeakel

• United Kingdom
    • Erm .....
      • View Profile
    Re: Default Device
    « Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 08:07:28 am »
    I think everyone at some point has had their default device magically change, but rarely does it happen almost every time they make a purchase, as you seem to be experiencing.

Sorry, but I don't think anyone has ever successfully explained why it happens or how to stop it. Anyone got any ideas?
    Linda

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
    • Not a moderator and haven't ben one for a year.
      • View Profile
    Re: �Default� Device
    « Reply #2 on: March 07, 2020, 03:38:46 am »
    Mines been staying pretty consistent the last few months. But, now that I've said that it'll probably randomly get unstuck again. :) For a while it did seem like it wouldn't stay stuck and just always went back to the first device listed.

Come to think of it, I suspect it's stayed stuck because the current 'default' is the first kindle named alphabetically. On the devices management page there's nothing designated as 'default' though I am certain I have previously designated a different device. I guess I've just decided to let it be and not bother with changing it. The one it's going to now is my secondary device, which is fine. Whenever I send anything (usually library books) I just send to the primary immediately after.

Based on that, my suggestion would be to rename the primary so it's alphabetically first. :)
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    Re: �Default� Device
    « Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 06:42:39 pm »
    I've always put ! in front of my primary kindle's name to make sure it stays at the top. To the best of my knowledge, I've only had the default mess up a few times over the past eleven years.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement