Kindle Forum banner

Amazon should let us split test our blurbs

462 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Rick Gualtieri 
#1 ·
I really, really wish I could write 5 blurbs for my story and split test them on Amazon and see which leads to more sales and page reads. Amazon split test things all the time, so I bet they could implement this as an author tool. It would mean more sales for us, and consequently more royalties for Amazon

#4 ·
Testing is extremely valuable. All of my advertising leads to a book landing page rather than Amazon so that I can test different things. (Well, and because I'm wide - so I can offer links to not Amazon as well.)

I wish Amazon would let us do it too, but I'm not holding my breath. They don't seem to be big on sharing useful data  ;D

#6 ·
DmGuay said:
It would be great--for us. For readers? Probably not so much. Amazon is all about the reader and customer experience. Above all else.
I might disagree. I don't think split testing our blurbs would be any more of a downside to readers than what amazon does on a day to day basis (ie. screwing around with also boughts, sponsored listings, you might like, and whatever they come up with next).

That said, I'd be 100% for Amazon putting limits in place, like you can only test 2 blurbs or covers at a given time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.