Author Topic: Amazon credit toward a Wish List title  (Read 354 times)  

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
  • madhouse escapee #671
    • View Profile
Amazon credit toward a Wish List title
« on: March 10, 2020, 05:35:01 am »
Check your email!
Out of the blue yesterday I got an email from Amazon with a $5 credit toward a specific title on my Wish List.  I would rather have picked which book myself, but it was an $11.99 one that I would not have purchased unless the price dropped.  So I spent it right away :)

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
    • Not a moderator and haven't ben one for a year.
      • View Profile
    Re: Amazon credit toward a Wish List title
    « Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 07:45:20 am »
    I've gotten an email like that once or twice ... and the good thing I discovered is that you don't necessarily have to buy THAT book. When I got it I found I'd already borrowed it from the library and read it and simply neglected to take it off the wish list. But I looked at another book on my wish list and saw that the credit was being applied. So: Yay! :D
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 07:51:56 am »
    I've gotten an email like that once or twice ... and the good thing I discovered is that you don't necessarily have to buy THAT book. When I got it I found I'd already borrowed it from the library and read it and simply neglected to take it off the wish list. But I looked at another book on my wish list and saw that the credit was being applied. So: Yay! :D

Well phooey!  I didn't even think to try that.  Oh well.  Maybe I'll remember if it happens again.

Online crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
    • Member #1600 since January 15, 2009
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 08:09:22 am »
    I didn't get the email this time, but I have in the past.  I did also check my "series to continue" wish list with some of the higher priced books to see if a surprise credit showed up on any of the book pages.  Alas, no luck yet!

Offline Linjeakel

• United Kingdom
    • Erm .....
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: March 10, 2020, 09:54:55 am »
    I wonder if this is just a US thing. I've been reading Kindle books in the UK for about 10+ years now and I've never once had this happen to me.  :(
    Linda

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: March 10, 2020, 01:04:38 pm »
    This is the first time I've gotten something like this.  Before the offers were all "spend $$$ and we will give you $$ credit."

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
    • Not a moderator and haven't ben one for a year.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: March 10, 2020, 01:12:30 pm »
    I wonder if this is just a US thing. I've been reading Kindle books in the UK for about 10+ years now and I've never once had this happen to me.  :(

Could be. It's only been once or twice. I sort of thought it might have happened because I'd been in a long stretch of library borrowing and hadn't actually PAID for a book -- not even a cheap one -- for quite some time.
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Online crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
    • Member #1600 since January 15, 2009
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: March 10, 2020, 01:26:33 pm »

This is the first time I've gotten something like this.  Before the offers were all "spend $$$ and we will give you $$ credit."

I've only received a like offer one other time, last December, and I posted about it in the Historical Mystery thread:

WooHoo!  I just received an Amazon offer in an e-mail which I have not personally seen before.  The offer was $5 off a specific book on my wish list and it happened to be:

The $5 off was listed against the price of $9.99 on the actual book page and it is now happily residing on my Kindle for $4.99!!!!  There was no credit listed against any other books I looked at or on my wish list, just this specific book about which I received the e-mail.  Has anyone else received an Amazon credit offer for only one specific book from their lists?  I don't know what triggered it, but I'm happy to get it.  8)

Obviously I still have no clue what triggered the offer and that was the only time I'd even heard of an offer like it, but I sure would be happy to get another one!

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: March 11, 2020, 10:02:53 am »
    It's definitely an incentive to keep your Wish List updated :)

(not that I need any help with that)

KBoards.com

• Advertisement