Author Topic: NewInBooks.com?  (Read 462 times)  

Offline scottdouglas

• View Profile
NewInBooks.com?
« on: March 25, 2020, 02:54:11 pm »
Has anyone run a promo with NewInBooks.com recently? I'm curious what the results were. They're more expensive than a lot of promo sites, and I'd like to hear if it's worth it.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Kathy Dee

• View Profile
    Re: NewInBooks.com?
    « Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 08:25:50 am »
    Has anyone run a promo with NewInBooks.com recently? I'm curious what the results were. They're more expensive than a lot of promo sites, and I'd like to hear if it's worth it.

Yikes, they are expensive and no - I had not heard of them before. I would also be interested to hear if anyone else has tried them.

Offline scottdouglas

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 06:19:05 pm »
    It seems a whole cheaper just to promote in each of their sister sites, but maybe Im missing something.

Offline anotherpage

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 08:54:09 am »
    Looked at it but based on previous results with freebooksy which i imagine is the same audience ( but an attemp to get more money ) I don't think i will do it. Over priced.

Offline RBC

• View Profile
      • RockingBookCovers.com
    « Reply #4 on: June 27, 2020, 09:36:22 am »
    Yikes, steepy... maybe it would be smart to write for them instead:

https://www.newinbooks.com/write-for-newinbooks

Writing something good about your genre could be good exposure too, not a particular book per see, but in general. Could be underused thing and free.

Something like '5 Underrated Reads in Genre X' etc.

Offline alhawke

• View Profile
      • A.L. Hawke website
    « Reply #5 on: June 29, 2020, 12:02:28 am »
    I ran a promo with them. They are expensive, no doubt, but they're legit and helped promote my new book. My book ranked very well and had a great launch, but I am unsure the exact contribution as I stacked a bunch of other promos simultaneously.

Here's what I found: NewInBooks is a part of the outstanding company, Written Word Media. This is the company that runs Bargain/Freebooksy/Reading Stacks. A lot of traditional publishers use NewInBooks.

NewInBooks does interesting stuff that standard promos do not do. For instance, my book was advertised in a local newspaper. That was cool. They also interview and post the interview on their site. So you are getting extra publicity.

The other thing is my book qualified for a lot of services Written Word Media has available, so they were able to promote my book on many Written Media sites/newsletters which helped pay for some of the cost. But if your book only works for one site, like Bargain Booksy, you might want to think twice.

The cost is the main consideration. You could always just plan a bunch of Written Word promos individually on your own and not use their specific NewInBooks newsletter & extra publicity. As everything in advertising, it's cost vs benefit.
    « Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 12:04:00 am by alhawke »

A.L. Hawke | Author website | Goodreads | BookBub

KBoards.com

• Advertisement