Author Topic: Fitbit Fans (The Official Thread)  (Read 55244 times)  

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
  • Member #3406
    • View Profile
Re: Fitbit Fans (The Official Thread)
« Reply #725 on: October 20, 2020, 02:32:52 am »
Now I am very unhappy with this Fitbit Versa 2. When I tried to set it up through the app on my kindle fire, it went into a loop of two different screens asking if I want to continue set up and it never progresses beyond that. I looked on their website for help and had to log in and it didn't accept the password I set up yesterday. (I made a record of it and tried a few times in case there was a typo.

If I can't set it up after I get my iphone fixed, I will return the Fitbit to Amazon.

I also tried downloading the app to my ipad2, but the app store doesn't have the set up app, only find fit bit and coach. The coach one said I have to have the latest IOS software in my ipad. I don't think the coach app has the set up anyway.
New York, NY
Flutist, retired legal word processing operator
Readers:  Oasis 2, Kindle Fire 8 HD Plus, Paperwhite 2 (2013) (gave away), Fire HDX 8.9" (won't hold a charge now), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #726 on: October 20, 2020, 03:05:27 pm »
    You might check your instructions and restart the fitbit. When mine gets stupid and won't sync with my phone that fixes it almost every time.
    On mine you put it on the charger and hold the button down for a while and it restarts. There is a restart in the menu on the fitbit but one of their support folks told me that using the charger was best.

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #727 on: October 20, 2020, 11:22:34 pm »
    Thank you, Andra. I am going to try again tomorrow. I got a new iphone tonight and spent 2 hours at the Apple store. I was leaning towards just buying a new battery for it, but there were other problems, such as the phone being too full, so I would have had to delete a lot of things. New phone has double the GBs (128).

Fitbit help did send me a message and asked which model of iphone I had with a troubleshooting link.
    New York, NY
    Readers:  Oasis 2, Kindle Fire 8 HD Plus, Paperwhite 2 (2013) (gave away), Fire HDX 8.9" (won't hold a charge now), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #728 on: November 24, 2020, 01:25:33 pm »
    My Fitbit Charge 3 went haywire on Saturday.  First it would not charge, then the screen was too dark to read anything.  Then after I went to sleep it started vibrating on my wrist.  When I got up Sunday, the light on the back was red instead of green.  It still would not show me the screen correctly.  After troubleshooting with Fitbit, they determined that it was not going to revive.  It's over two years old though - so it's way out of warranty.  They sent me a coupon for 35% off a new one from their site - but I can't use it on top of any other discounts.  So DH just got me a new one from Target and I picked it up on the way home.  I got a Charge 4 which is pretty similar to my Charge 3.  Of course the charger is just slightly different.  I swear, I have had at least 7 different models of Fitbits over the years and every one of them has had a unique charger...
    At least the bands from the 3 work on the 4.

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #729 on: November 26, 2020, 01:01:16 am »
    I returned my Fitbit Versa 2 to Amazon after wearing it for two weeks. The sleep reading didn't work after 3 nights. I wanted to keep track of steps/mileage at home as well as outside, and I wasn't getting that. Amazon gave me a store credit for the amount.
    New York, NY

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #730 on: November 26, 2020, 03:24:18 pm »
    My Charge 3 lasted over 2 years and it does the heart rate and sleep tracking. The 4 seems to be about the same if you are willing to forego some of the "watch" features from the versa.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement