Author Topic: Kindle DX question  (Read 320 times)  

Offline geezergas

• View Profile
Kindle DX question
« on: April 14, 2020, 10:34:05 am »
I currently show 522 books.  Prior to surgery I downloaded 5 books, all books have downloaded BUT 3 of them are not in the book list.  I easily went to go to.... and found them but they will not show in the book list.  Is my Kindle full?  It seems years ago I had to remove all my books and start over,  I don't want to be pressing any buttons until get some guidance.  Thanks

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
    • Not a moderator and haven't ben one for a year.
      • View Profile
    Re: Kindle DX question
    « Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 12:03:19 pm »
    Can't say for sure, but it seems like a DX should hold well more than 522 books. Maybe it needs a re-start or a hard re-boot to clear out stray data?
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
    • Member #1600 since January 15, 2009
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 12:55:06 pm »
    Did you check the end of your list (even if you have it sorted to most recent)?  If they are actually there but in the "wrong" place, check the time setting on your DX.  The older Kindles used to go wonky sometimes after a time change and new downloads would get thrown to the very end of the list until you also manually changed the Kindle clock to your current time zone.

Just a thought ...

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 01:05:40 pm »
    Or try sorting by author or title instead and see if you can find them that way.
    I agree with crebel about the time affecting the sort order when trying to use "recent."  The older devices did not automatically set time and tended to get weird if the time was wrong.

Offline geezergas

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 02:34:04 pm »
    Thanks, clock is correct and I found the missing books at the beginning of the book list.  I show 522 books but the last page in the book list showed 630 items, what's up with that?  I'll download a few more books in a week and keep an eye on the results. Thanks all.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement