Author Topic: AMS Amazon Advertising Canada - Has anyone applied recently to advertise books?  (Read 563 times)  

Offline blueman3

• View Profile
AMS Amazon Advertising Canada - Has anyone applied recently to advertise books?

I have been approved for all regions but for Canada, I have not got in yet. Has anyone got accepted by this platform to advertise books? If yes, how did you apply as a KDP user because there seem to be various options (seller central, vendor central, etc). Thank you.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline markpauloleksiw

• Canada
      • View Profile
      • Mark Paul Oleksiw's Website
    The standard KDP AMS ads are not available in Canada yet....which is totally odd. You have to do it through Amazon Advantage like any other seller (non-books).

Bizarre that Canada is still not an option.

Mark

Offline blueman3

• View Profile
    Mark or anyone else whot tried,

did you get accepted using the amazon advantage route for canada ams?

Offline markpauloleksiw

• Canada
      • View Profile
      • Mark Paul Oleksiw's Website
    I started the process to use Advantage but found it to be a little too cumbersome and just gave up.

I anxiously await for KDP ads to come to amazon.ca. There is a reason Kobo does well in Canada and that is because it is hard to advertise in Canada. My suspicion is the bricks and mortar book stores in Canada has a little bit too much of a monopoly...Chapters/Indigo is linked to Kobo. I could be totally wrong...

Mark

Offline Brevoort

• Calgary
      • View Profile
      • The Disaster Tourist

My suspicion is the bricks and mortar book stores in Canada has a little bit too much of a monopoly...Chapters/Indigo is linked to Kobo. I could be totally wrong...

You could well be right but I think that Amazon ignored the Canadian ebook market for so long that it missed an opportunity. Until a few years ago Canadians could only buy Amazon ebooks from the .COM site. It was also impossible to buy Amazon Kindles at the .CA site for a long time.

Kobo was set up by Indigo Books in 2009. It really took off as a result of convenience and a determined drive by Chapters-Indigo to aggressively sell ebook readers using the epub format. By the time Amazon decided to move into the market Kobo was well and truly established.

Kobo Rakuten Inc. is a Canadian subsidiary of a Japanese corporation. Indigo sold its interest in Kobo about eight years ago.

I know a lot of people with epub readers who simply are not interested in also buying a Kindle just to read Amazon's format.
    Rick Grant
    Calgary

• Ontario, Canada
    • I should probably be writing...
      • View Profile
    I received the ads for Canada thru Advantage but sadly, it's still closed. You can sign up to be notified for when it re-opens.

I'm honestly surprised they didn't add it just before Xmas when all the others got added.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement