Kindle Forum banner

This is the occult fiction book I am currently reading...

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  centerelven 
#1 ·
Hello avid readers, I'd like to know what book you are reading currently and some few recommendations as well. So, I started this month's goal with an Occult Fiction titled: 'HANSEN CURSE' I must say it is one of the best occult fictions I have read over the years. SO much intrigue and suspense filled that I am already yearning for the next sequel. I hope the author grants my plea very soon. The icing on the cake is... It is free on KindleUnlimited. I have the blurb here so you can get a whiff of what the book is all about...
BLURB:
Leah Hansen, a troubled 16 year old who lost her sister due to suicide 3 years ago is having a hard time coping with life. Her devout, religious parents decide to send her to Norway so she can live with her affluent grandparent's only for Leah to discover the dark secrets of her dad's side of the family. Death, blood wars, demons and a Curse.... A curse that effects every woman born under the Hansen family which results in a tragedy. Leah doesn't want to suffer the same fate her sister did, will she be able to break this generational curse?

Wish to join me in the confraternity? You have the book link to yourself.. https://www.amazon.com/Hansen-Curse-Book-ebook/dp/B086Z118LK/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=hansen+curse&qid=1589135712&sr=8-1

#2 ·
Hi and thanks for the recommendation. What 'occult' category always brings to my mind are the books about exorcisms too. It would be probably sub category or perhaps something else entirely. But I have lately read a novel recommended by oh so many people. "Head full of ghosts" by Paul Trembley. It is a blood-chilling thriller that brilliantly combines family tragedy, psychological suspense and a bit of modern horror.
The previously peaceful life of the Barrettes, an ordinary family living in the suburbs of New England, is brutally disrupted when their fourteen-year-old daughter, Marjorie, starts to show the first symptoms of schizophrenia. To her parents' despair, the doctors are unable to stop Marjorie from going mad.
Seeing as their cozy home gradually becomes hell, they finally ask the local priest for help. Father Wanderly recommends an exorcism - he believes the teenager was possessed by a demon. They also make contact with a production company that wants to film the Barrett's fate. Persuaded by John, Marjorie's father, who lost his job a year ago and is unable to pay the bills for his daughter's treatment, the family agrees to work with the TV crew and soon become stars of "Possession", a hit reality show. When the events in the Barrett's house finally lead to an inevitable tragedy, both the show itself and the shocking scenes captured by the cameras turn into an urban legend.
Fifteen years later, the best-selling writer interviews Marjorie's younger sister, Merry. Telling about the events of the period when she was only eight years old, she awakens long buried secrets and painful memories, unlike what the viewers saw on the screens.
The dizzying story touches upon the problems of memory and reality, science and religion, trying to reach the very nature of evil. And let me tell you it was thrill ride. Heartbreaking, blood freezing and tear-jerking. I wholeheartedly recommend it.

#3 ·
'Occult' I guess technically just means 'hidden' and not many people realize that standard Christianity contains, via the so-called 'Cenacle address (speech) by Jesus in the 'enclosed upper rooms,' what is fundamentally 'occult teachings.'

I am personally involved with some groups about which I cannot really talk openly (occult, right?!) - however I definitely would like to direct your attention to this chapter 'Cenacle' (chapter 6) which is in 'The CIA Lost Archive Files - Project Rumpelstiltskin' at here: https://www.inkitt.com/stories/adventure/503586?ink_source=users.profile&ink_block=stories&ink_page_number=&ink_metric=

'Occult' needs to be taken into the modern, the present-day, world. ...I believe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.