Author Topic: Look Inside timeline? how soon does it appear  (Read 119 times)  

Offline Rod Little

• View Profile
    • Rod Little Author
Look Inside timeline? how soon does it appear
« on: May 20, 2020, 11:43:55 pm »
I have a new book releasing on the 26th and a Bookbub on the same day, along with other promos on the 27th. It just occurred to me that the Look Inside might not appear on the release date (I can't recall from my earlier books). What has anyone's recent experience been? Does your Amzn Look Inside appear on the same day?

It doesn't appear in preorders, I know. But if it's not there on the promo date, it will be a disaster. I can't imagine anyone buying a book without looking inside for content.

I can only move the release date up by 1 day to 25, but no sooner, since it's so close to the date now. I'm looking for anyone's recent experience with timelines for the Look Inside. Thanks!

Sci-Fi, Horror, Post-apocalyptic, Alien Invasion
Rod Little | website | Book Trailer | Twitter | FB

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Dark Entry Productions

• View Profile
    Re: Look Inside timeline? how soon does it appear
    « Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 11:53:09 pm »
    The Look Inside appeared within hours of publication for both of my books. One thing I didn't care for was how much it showed on the longer of my two novels. Had to email KDP to get it reduced to only show the first two chapters rather than the first five. And that took some time to get that adjusted.

Ken Moulin | Website | Youtube | Twitter

Offline notjohn

• View Profile
      • Notjohn's Self-Publishing Guide
    Re: Look Inside timeline? how soon does it appear
    « Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 02:40:34 am »
    One of the few advantages I can think of for pre-release is that LITB ought to be up and running at midnight in Seattle on the day of publication. I've never had a problem, in nearly thirteen years of doing this -- oops, no, Look Inside didn't exist in 2007/2008 -- but anyhow I've never had a problem with first publication. (Revisions, yes; they sometimes take more than a week to catch up.)

There were reports in April about delays. I don't know about this month, but I suspect that it will be ready to go when sales are.
    Notjohn's Guide to E-Book & Print Formatting: http://viewbook.at/notjohn

The blog: http://notjohnkdp.blogspot.com

KBoards.com

• Advertisement