Author Topic: Erotic fiction - explicit! - advice sought  (Read 1495 times)  

Offline unkownwriter

• View Profile
Re: Erotic fiction - explicit! - advice sought
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2020, 04:51:44 am »
Just remember that there are severe restrictions about what can be published as erotica. Amazon is one of the worse, but other sites aren't much better. Trying to get around those restrictions can and have lead to account termination, with no appeal and no reinstatement.

Also, could you use a smaller font when replying? On my computer, your answers are huge, and it's really hard to read them. (Yes, I'm old and my eyes aren't any younger.)

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline A.L. Heidecker

• View Profile
    « Reply #26 on: May 18, 2020, 07:59:38 pm »
    Thanks Unknown, this is noted.

Amazon has reviewed my writing prior to publication, and so far no problems. Do they have some published guidelines about what these restrictions are?

Sorry about the large font. This standard type should be better I trust.

Offline jb1111

• PNW US
      • View Profile
    « Reply #27 on: May 20, 2020, 02:42:42 am »
    Thanks Unknown, this is noted.

Amazon has reviewed my writing prior to publication, and so far no problems. Do they have some published guidelines about what these restrictions are?

Sorry about the large font. This standard type should be better I trust.

I'm not sure the Zon has a specific guideline on erotica and erotic fiction. But from what I've read here and elsewhere, it's generally no incest, no pseudo-incest, no sex with underage characters, no bestiality, and a few other things.

Keep the covers tame. Too much flesh, etc., on the cover can be problematic.

Offline A.L. Heidecker

• View Profile
    « Reply #28 on: May 21, 2020, 02:51:37 am »
    I'm not sure the Zon has a specific guideline on erotica and erotic fiction. But from what I've read here and elsewhere, it's generally no incest, no pseudo-incest, no sex with underage characters, no bestiality, and a few other things.

Keep the covers tame. Too much flesh, etc., on the cover can be problematic.

Thanks JB, this is helpful. No problems with me then, and covers should be agreeable to all men and women of good will. Will try to write some better blurbs now...

KBoards.com

• Advertisement