Author Topic: Does Kindle charge a conversion fee?  (Read 618 times)  

Offline hockeybuff

• View Profile
Does Kindle charge a conversion fee?
« on: May 15, 2020, 02:32:21 pm »
If my friend send a PDF book to my Kindle email address with the word CONVERT in the Subject line, will Kindle charge me a fee?  And, if so, how much?  THANKS !!!

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline barryem

• View Profile
    Re: Does Kindle charge a conversion fee?
    « Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 04:35:34 pm »
    It will if you download it using 3G or 4G.  If you use Wifi to download it there's no charge.

It's been a long time since I read about this so you might want to check Amazon's help to be sure I remember it right but I'm pretty sure I do.

Barry

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
    • Not a moderator and haven't ben one for a year.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 06:27:37 pm »
    If my friend send a PDF book to my Kindle email address with the word CONVERT in the Subject line, will Kindle charge me a fee?  And, if so, how much?  THANKS !!!

Note that you have to have your friend's email address -- that they're sending from -- whitelisted in your account or it won't work.

Also not sure about a cost, but there may be a size limit if delivery is via the cell network vs wifi. Which might be something you can change in your account? Like Barry it's been ages since I did any such thing, so don't recall the particulars.
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline zen89

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 06:33:58 am »
    Note that you have to have your friend's email address -- that they're sending from -- whitelisted in your account or it won't work.

Also not sure about a cost, but there may be a size limit if delivery is via the cell network vs wifi. Which might be something you can change in your account? Like Barry it's been ages since I did any such thing, so don't recall the particulars.

Thanks for the help Ann. been looking for the solution all over google. Thanks again

Offline KimberlyinMN

• NW Minnesota
    • Kindle Voyage Wi-Fi
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 11:52:14 am »

KBoards.com

• Advertisement