Author Topic: Printable Owners Manual  (Read 545 times)  

Offline alamogunr

• View Profile
Printable Owners Manual
« on: May 16, 2020, 07:31:01 pm »
After using our Kindle Touch readers for the last 8 years, they have began to be somewhat flighty.  I ordered a Paperwhite to replace the most used one and received it this week.

I don't do well trying to read instructions on the Kindle and then leaving to see what works.  Is there a printable instruction manual for the PaperWhite?

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline johannesrexx

• View Profile
    Re: Printable Owners Manual
    « Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 08:08:44 pm »
    You mean the Kindle Paperwhite is not user-friendly. Its features cannot be easily discovered? The interface does not provide affordances to discover them?

Sorry, but too long in self-quarantine has made me jumpy  :(

Here:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=kindle+paperwhite+manual+filetype%3Apdf&atb=v106-2_f&ia=web
    Freedom matters. Use open source software.

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
    • Not a moderator and haven't ben one for a year.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 06:09:56 am »
    After using our Kindle Touch readers for the last 8 years, they have began to be somewhat flighty.  I ordered a Paperwhite to replace the most used one and received it this week.

I don't do well trying to read instructions on the Kindle and then leaving to see what works.  Is there a printable instruction manual for the PaperWhite?

Go to the product page of the kindle you ordered. Scroll down to the 'technical specifications' section. There is a section called 'documentation' and includes a link to a PDF version of both the Quick Start Guide and the User Guide. These are in English but there are other languages available.

Also, it should be available electronically in your kindle library, assuming you have it registered at Amazon. I get that it's hard to try things while you're reading about the device ON the device. But if you have a tablet you could download the kindle App and then download the manual to the tablet. Or, for that matter, put the PDF on the tablet.

Also, feel free to ask questions here. Many of us have been around since Kindle version 1 in 2008, but also have had many kindles over the years. A lot of us do use the current models and can probably answer any questions you may have.
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline barryem

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: May 17, 2020, 06:46:51 am »
    Regardless of what you do with the manual I suggest spending some time simply exploring the Paperwhite's interface.  Wander around in it and get to know it.  A few minutes of simply looking at things now and then will show you a lot.

Barry

Offline alamogunr

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: May 17, 2020, 12:10:19 pm »
    Thanks for the replies.  Finding documentation in the form of a user guide is what I was looking for.  Don't even have to print it, just bookmark it on the computer.

When I retired 14 years ago, I could navigate technology fairly well.  Now I guess I'm too impatient to keep up with all the advances that have left me behind.

Offline barryem

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: May 17, 2020, 03:52:10 pm »
    I'm a retired programmer, retired over 25 years and way, way behind the times.  However I still find it easier to figure new devices out than to read the manual. :)

Barry

KBoards.com

• Advertisement