Author Topic: Australia travel book - kindle description review please  (Read 140 times)  

Offline John Dwyer

• Ireland
  • John Dwyer
    • View Profile
    • John Dwyer Books
Australia travel book - kindle description review please
« on: May 20, 2020, 02:15:09 pm »
Hi All,
I'd appreciate a quick review of my kindle description. The book is travel writing describing my adventures in Australia.

Shunning the well-trodden tourist paths, John Dwyer instead chooses the road less travelled and explores unknown Australia. From abandoned mining towns to ancient rainforests, this book brings you on an epic adventure through the land Down Under.

Whether swimming from sharks on spectacular coral reefs, watching for crocodiles while camping at night, avoiding suicidal kangaroos on the roads or trying his luck with beautiful backpackers, the author delivers his keen observations on life Down Under as well as entertaining anecdotes on the extraordinary geography and history of the country. With his signature sense of humour, he uncovers a land that is both at home in gleaming glass skyscrapers and underground caves, relaxing on beautiful beaches, and blessed with the most memorable sunsets imaginable.

Join him as he brings you on an Outback Odyssey that you will never forget.

John Dwyer is a seasoned traveller with an incurable case of Wanderlust. This is his third travel book following on from the successful High Road to Tibet and Cape Town to Kruger books.

Thank you for any advice or tips on making this more catchy!
John

Praise for High Road to Tibet:
John Dwyer might be just the ticket to fill [Michael] Palin's well worn shoes. - HungryFeet.com
You [John Dwyer] really do give an authentic feeling of the contrasting atmospheres as you move from place to place." - Dervla Murphy, international best-selling travel author

Praise for Klondike House:
"The author has a wonderful ability to engage the reader and draw them into the past alongside him" - John Dolan, Evening Echo

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline ShaneCarrow

• View Profile
    Re: Australia travel book - kindle description review please
    « Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 12:41:27 am »
    When I read the thread title I thought this was going to be some kind of guidebook for international travellers coming to Australia and thought, ah, buddy, I have some bad news...

I think this is pretty good! Just a couple things:

- "Swimming with sharks" sounds better than "swimming from sharks" (unless you were actually escaping sharks)
    - "at home in both," not "both at home in"
    - Don't capitalise odyssey
    - Don't capitalise wanderlust, and probably don't put your bio in the description at all (unless that's common practice for travel writers?)

Shane Carrow

Offline John Dwyer

• Ireland
    • John Dwyer
      • View Profile
      • John Dwyer Books
    Re: Australia travel book - kindle description review please
    « Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 06:09:19 am »
    Thanks for the suggestions Shane. Travel guides are a tad optimistic alright...
    I was actually being chased by a shark so I could reword that as "being chased by sharks..."
    Glad you liked it otherwise. I'm hoping it may help those who can't indulge their wanderlust at the moment...
    Thanks again,
    John

Praise for High Road to Tibet:
    John Dwyer might be just the ticket to fill [Michael] Palin's well worn shoes. - HungryFeet.com
    You [John Dwyer] really do give an authentic feeling of the contrasting atmospheres as you move from place to place." - Dervla Murphy, international best-selling travel author

Praise for Klondike House:
    "The author has a wonderful ability to engage the reader and draw them into the past alongside him" - John Dolan, Evening Echo

KBoards.com

• Advertisement