Author Topic: Current list of free promotion sites  (Read 719 times)  

Online alhawke

• View Profile
    • A.L. Hawke website
Current list of free promotion sites
« on: May 22, 2020, 01:15:13 pm »
I'm always doing promos and I like to throw in free ones. Here's a list of promo websites you can apply for for free. This is current and I thought I'd share my work. Please add to this post if I'm missing any freebie sites.

Some of them I'll pay for, others I'll utilize the free option. Obviously, the free option doesn't yield as much press, but you still can garner sales. Also note that applying for free, unlike the paid option, usually does not guarantee that they will choose your book. Here's my current list:
Awesome Gang
Pretty Hot Books
Discount Book Man
Topless Cowboys
OHFB
Reading Deals
Bookzio
The Book Circle
Its Write Now
Book Bongo
Choosy Bookworm
Read freely
Wanton Reads
Book Goodies
It's Write Now
Book Armadillo

A.L. Hawke | Author website | Goodreads | BookBub

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Online EmberKent

• Pacific Northwest
      • View Profile
      • Ember Editing
    Re: Current list of free promotion sites
    « Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 01:34:58 pm »
    Thank you for posting this!

Online jm2019

• View Profile
      • books
    « Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 06:02:51 am »
    ALHawke - thank you for posting this. I'm curious - how beneficial have these been for you in terms of meaningful follow-through sales or growing a list? (or are you currently trying them just to see what happens). I've so far shied away from free promos, as I've struggled to be convinced that it's really helpful in the long run. The only one that seemed to have a pretty good impact was ENT, I think, when I did a $0.99 promo.

Online alhawke

• View Profile
      • A.L. Hawke website
    « Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 08:16:44 am »
    There's always a spike of sales for me for a week or two after a big promo, but I mean a big promo, like selling over >300 books for a 99c sale. As far as growing a list, meh--only a couple for me even after BookBub. I use newsletter swaps for growing my list.

ENT is awesome, but even ENT alone typically won't get you more than 40 sales for 99c; I'd think 60-80 on the upper end for a book with over 50 reviews? I stack promos.

You could go free. I haven't done a free promo personally ever, and probably could get thousands of sales from a big promotion. Obviously follow through would be higher. I dunno know.

Every little bit helps. The thing with these free sites is it'll take under an hour once you're savvy to plug in all your info in and ... why not? If you're doing a promo anyway, why not? If you don't have the funds, then why not? Or you can pay a service to enter them for you for a nominal fee under $10 (I recently saw someone doing this on Kboards). I figured I'd send the list out with the companies that have successfully posted my books in the past for those interested. Some of them do garner actual sales for your trouble ... and for free, why not?

Online alhawke

• View Profile
      • A.L. Hawke website
    « Reply #4 on: May 23, 2020, 08:29:58 am »
    Okay, I should mention two more "free" promoters to add to the list if you write fantasy/sci fi. These are much more selective, not companies per se, with the owners active here on Kboards.

They've helped me sell books in the past & I'm super grateful:

The Speculative Fiction Showcase
    Patty Jansen's Ebookaroo

Offline chrisstevenson

• Los Angeles
    • Warrior Writer
      • View Profile
      • Christy's Young Adult Fabuliers
    « Reply #5 on: May 23, 2020, 07:51:46 pm »
    These are great resources and I have done about seven of them, three of them paid. I'm just confused when it asks for a promo date. What the heck do I put in the TO and End time-frame? Are they typically one day only? It also says that if they cannot fill your starting date, they will get you in where there's room. That's always confused me. I only saw one site where it mentioned that it runs for seven days.
    Guerrilla Warfare For Writers (special weapons and tactics)
    http://guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com/

Christy's Young Adult Fabuliers https://christysyoungadultimagineers.com/

Amazon Page: https://www.amazon.com/Chris-Harold-Stevenson/e/B001K8UUBK

Online alhawke

• View Profile
      • A.L. Hawke website
    « Reply #6 on: May 24, 2020, 09:18:52 am »
    These are great resources and I have done about seven of them, three of them paid. I'm just confused when it asks for a promo date.
    I don't get too bogged down by dates. Most of these sites are not affiliated with each other so they all have different rules. As long as your book is on sale on the date or range you choose, I think you're okay.

I tend to scatter the dates of my freebies, adding more to bolster weaker paid promo days. I've done enough promos to know which ones will not sell as well. I've also been known to pay for some of these on occasion, particularly one of Vinny's (any of the top 4 on the list) or Reading Deals, as some are good yielding paid promotions for my books as well.

Offline chrisstevenson

• Los Angeles
    • Warrior Writer
      • View Profile
      • Christy's Young Adult Fabuliers
    « Reply #7 on: May 25, 2020, 12:30:22 am »
    Thank you, A. L. Hawke. You gave me some relief there. I panic with just about everything.
    Guerrilla Warfare For Writers (special weapons and tactics)
    http://guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com/

Christy's Young Adult Fabuliers https://christysyoungadultimagineers.com/

Amazon Page: https://www.amazon.com/Chris-Harold-Stevenson/e/B001K8UUBK

Offline Vinny OHare

• New York City
      • View Profile
      • Awesomegang
    « Reply #8 on: May 27, 2020, 02:52:02 pm »
    These are great resources and I have done about seven of them, three of them paid. I'm just confused when it asks for a promo date. What the heck do I put in the TO and End time-frame? Are they typically one day only? It also says that if they cannot fill your starting date, they will get you in where there's room. That's always confused me. I only saw one site where it mentioned that it runs for seven days.

Hi Chris maybe I can help with the confusion. Most authors that use our services are in KDP so they know when their book will be free and thats the start date they usually submit to us. The end date isn't really that relevant.

Our sites take free submissions but the paid ones get priority in the newsletter of course although 99% of the books submitted go on the sites and 75% out into social media.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement