Author Topic: What is the best business credit card you use for cashback & points?  (Read 474 times)  

Offline blueman3

• View Profile
Since most of our in business, what is the best business credit card you use for cashback & points?

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline blubarry

• View Profile
    Amex business gold card. You get to choose which category for 5x points and I use advertising. All AMS and Facebook ads earn 5x points.

Offline Nicole Simon

• Berlin, Germany
    • I write about marketing tactics and tools.
      • View Profile
    Re: What is the best business credit card you use for cashback & points?
    « Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 12:14:51 pm »
    It depends on what you want and where you live. If like me you are in DE, amex is basically the only option to even get points ;)

But many of the american cards offer additional benefits, especially for travel. That of  course is limited at the moment but I know many offer automatic status in hotels like hilton (which means f.e. automatic free breakfast).

Since it is very lucrative to refer friends there are many websites out there especially in the travel area who will list all the benefits.
    Once you are ready to sign up (especially amex) do consider asking a friend for a referral link - you usually get both additional points.
    I would look into a card which also gives you a personal card without many fees and look into a) where you can earn points and b) where you can spend them.

https://awardwallet.com/blog/comparison-premium-travel-rewards-credit-cards/ gives you some ideas,.
    Also I would not dismiss paying money for the card - it will give you tons of benefits which can totally be worth it. Usually the US cards have signup bonuses like "get x points if you spend 3k in the first 3 months" - I would try to plan for that since these points are often worth it.

Overall amex MR points are usually the best since you pretty much can convert them into anything in travel and hotel - do spend some time to familirize yourself what the best conversion for such points is so you dont waste them.
    Simple example: you can book through amex free award flights: however they are extremley limited and have additional restrictions. Instead transfer to the airline of choice and book the award from there. Or for example transfer points to upgrade an existing flight book to a higher class.

Summary: understand what is out there, plan how much you will spend and then take a look at what the best value for you is - and please understand the value of points and do not spend them on the shop! ;)

Offline notjohn

• View Profile
      • Notjohn's Self-Publishing Guide
    « Reply #3 on: August 01, 2020, 06:02:17 am »
    I'm delighted to see that Walmart has another fan! I got the Walmart card to get a 5 percent discount on Curbside Pickup, which is where our groceries have come from since Covid-19 has been with us. But I also have an Amazon card for 5 percent off all Amazon purchases, which generally exceeds my grocery bill at Walmart. And I have yet a third card that offers 1.5 percent cash back on everything else. And Susan is loyal to her L L Bean card, which is 2 percent off clothing and such.

I've never understood the needs for a business credit card or checking account. I've managed my career for decades without either. All one needs is decent records, and one needs those even with dedicated cards and accounts, at least if one is dealing with the US Internal Revenue Service.

Edited. Drop me a PM if you have any questions. - Becca
    « Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 04:04:50 pm by Becca Mills »
    Notjohn's Guide to E-Book & Print Formatting: http://viewbook.at/notjohn

The blog: http://notjohnkdp.blogspot.com

Offline S.B. Williams

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: August 01, 2020, 09:53:05 am »
    I'm delighted to see that Walmart has another fan! I got the Walmart card to get a 5 percent discount on Curbside Pickup, which is where our groceries have come from since the Chinese Plague has been with us. But I also have an Amazon card for 5 percent off all Amazon purchases, which generally exceeds my grocery bill at Walmart. And I have yet a third card that offers 1.5 percent cash back on everything else. And Susan is loyal to her L L Bean card, which is 2 percent off clothing and such.

I've never understood the needs for a business credit card or checking account. I've managed my career for decades without either. All one needs is decent records, and one needs those even with dedicated cards and accounts, at least if one is dealing with the US Internal Revenue Service.

One of the main benefits of a separate business credit card is that business cards do not report balances to the credit bureaus, which can have a negative impact on your credit score if for some reason you need to carry a balance for a period of time.

For my Amazon Advertising monthly spend, I like the AMEX SimplyCash business card because it pays 3% cash back on all such advertising in automatic statement adjustments. This really adds up if you run many ads. 

I also use the Walmart and Amazon Prime 5% cards for personal use at those stores, as well as several others that offer different rewards structures for different types of purchases.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement