Kindle Forum banner

Amazon First Reads -- June 2020

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Atunah 
#1 ·
#3 ·
There are 2 books this time with serial killers and brutatlity on women.  :-\ Although oddly, find me looks good and I like the reviews. Just not sure if I can handle that right now.

The lending library looked good and good, until I read the reviews. Now I am not so sure anymore. Its even worse when one expects and gets at the start light and uplifting and then gets hammered later on, compared to a thriller like "Find Me" where I already know from the get go it will be dark.

I shall wait a wee bit for you guys to dip into the well.  ;D

#4 ·
Same choices in the UK this month and I can't say that any of them appeal to me at all.

Another bunch of traumatic secrets from the past to be revealed and faced up to *yawn* - if I had to pick one word to describe how most of them sound it would be 'depressing'.

Not even gonna to wait for reviews - it's a 'thanks, but no thanks' from me this month.

#6 ·
Well I got "Find me". Started it and am hooked already.

I read Loreth Anne White a while back, which was also a first reads and I loved that one. It kind of reads similar, like the suspense ones from whats her name, ugh, drawing a blank now. Just can't think of the name. ONe of the more well know writers in that genre.

Anyhow, I really like it so far and sucked me right in. So that is good.

#7 ·
i'm kind of vacillating between Lending Library and Scarlet Odyssey.  The first part of Lending Library's blurb looks good, but I kind of lost interest at the last paragraph.  may wait for reviews of the epic fantasy. i want to know if it's a stand alone or the start of a series.  if the former, great, if the latter, no thanks.

#8 ·
Atunah said:
Well I got "Find me". Started it and am hooked already.

I read Loreth Anne White a while back, which was also a first reads and I loved that one. It kind of reads similar, like the suspense ones from whats her name, ugh, drawing a blank now. Just can't think of the name. ONe of the more well know writers in that genre.

Anyhow, I really like it so far and sucked me right in. So that is good.
Well that's a good recommendation! :D

I've got 4 library books to finish before I can start anything else. ::)

#9 ·
I've noticed this before, but don't recall if I've shared:

You all know that all of these books do end up in KU and available as either Prime Reading Borrows or KOLL. Well they ALSO are listed (most of them) on GoodReads as Kindle Giveaways. They usually have around 100 copies they'll give away and the odds are not generally astronomical.

#10 ·
Ann in Arlington said:
I've noticed this before, but don't recall if I've shared:

You all know that all of these books do end up in KU and available as either Prime Reading Borrows or KOLL. Well they ALSO are listed (most of them) on GoodReads as Kindle Giveaways. They usually have around 100 copies they'll give away and the odds are not generally astronomical.
Thanks for the tip about GoodReads Giveaways - I didn't even know they existed! :eek: ;D

#11 ·
Linjeakel said:
Thanks for the tip about GoodReads Giveaways - I didn't even know they existed! :eek: ;D
Every now and then I'll get a notification that something on my 'want to read' shelf is available for giveaway. Usually it's a print book, which I usually don't want, but it prompts me to check the kindle giveaway books. That happened today and I noticed this month's Prime titles there .... so I thought I'd share. :D

#12 ·
Ann in Arlington said:
Every now and then I'll get a notification that something on my 'want to read' shelf is available for giveaway. Usually it's a print book, which I usually don't want, but it prompts me to check the kindle giveaway books. That happened today and I noticed this month's Prime titles there .... so I thought I'd share. :D
Ah, that's interesting - I never use the 'want to read category' on GR. The ones on my list that I haven't yet read are mostly books I already own anyway or are the next in a series and are categorized accordingly. Hmm ... maybe I should go through my wish lists on Amazon and put them in the 'want to read' category and see if I get any notifications.

Because of course, I really need something else to add to my TBR pile ...... :-X :-\

#13 ·
Linjeakel said:
Ah, that's interesting - I never use the 'want to read category' on GR. The ones on my list that I haven't yet read are mostly books I already own anyway or are the next in a series and are categorized accordingly. Hmm ... maybe I should go through my wish lists on Amazon and put them in the 'want to read' category and see if I get any notifications.

Because of course, I really need something else to add to my TBR pile ...... :-X :-\
Most of my 'want to reads' are also ones I already own and just haven't gotten to. BUT, the notification at least reminds me to check and see what else they're giving away. ;)

I will say that MOST of the kindle giveaways are Amazon imprint titles. Rarely any 'big publisher' books; they seem to stick to paper book giveaways.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.