Author Topic: Guys - Bookbub help, please!  (Read 1379 times)  

Offline Wayne Stinnett

• "I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns."
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Guys - Bookbub help, please!
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2020, 12:34:09 pm »
LOL, yeah, by a margin.  ;)
My Bestselling, 18-volume Jesse McDermitt Series and the spinoff,  5-volume Charity Styles Series, also Bestsellers, are available in ebook, audiobook, and paperback, with many more exciting adventures to come. In my motivational non-fiction, Blue Collar to No Collar, I provide tips, advice, and strategies for new authors, also available in the same formats. Don't forget to visit the Ship's Store for Jesse McDermitt swag.
Wayne Stinnett | Website | Facebook | Amazon Author Page | Twitter | Motivational Videos | Ship's Store

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Online Gareth K Pengelly

• Leicestershire, UK
      • View Profile
    « Reply #26 on: June 25, 2020, 02:31:45 pm »
    LOL, yeah, by a margin.  ;)

Haha, we'll see, Wayne. We'll see. I'll be posting results up here anyway, as I've always found other people's results threads very informative!

Offline HobieYak

• Australia
      • View Profile
      • Roys_Books
    « Reply #27 on: June 25, 2020, 10:57:50 pm »
    Bookbub really, really likes box sets. I've had multiple Bookbubs for my box set, but never once for the first book in my series, no matter how many times I submit it.

Interesting ! I wasn't aware of this. Does it still apply if the books are not wide? I was considering taking my first book out of KU, primarily to try and get a Bookbub featured deal but perhaps a box set may be worth a try?

Online Gareth K Pengelly

• Leicestershire, UK
      • View Profile
    « Reply #28 on: June 26, 2020, 05:50:29 am »
    So I've booked a Bknights for the 18th and a Fussy and an ENT (if they say yes) for the 19th, as a little bit of a stack ready for the Bookbub day. Hopefully that might smooth it out a little.

Offline ShaneCarrow

• View Profile
    « Reply #29 on: June 26, 2020, 09:25:10 pm »
    Interesting ! I wasn't aware of this. Does it still apply if the books are not wide? I was considering taking my first book out of KU, primarily to try and get a Bookbub featured deal but perhaps a box set may be worth a try?

Bookbub prefers wide, but being in KU is by no means a dealbreaker. I've never been wide. The other reason it prefers box sets (apart from them being more appealing to readers) is just that it's naturally going to be a bigger price drop. For example they're going to be more interested in my $9.99 box set dropping to 99c than my 99c first book in that series dropping to free.

And as I mentioned, Bookbub aside, a box set also means readers are way more inclined to read through your whole series. I see virtually zero sales or reads of individual books of my series past the second or third one anymore, because people just get the box set, but that still works out way better for me.

Shane Carrow

Offline anotherpage

• View Profile
    « Reply #30 on: June 27, 2020, 09:04:04 am »
    Hey chaps and chapesses!

So, after 36 (count 'em, 36) attempts, I've finally managed to blag a Bookbub (US & Intl) on Brian Helsing in the humor category.

Kinda at a loss now, I'm so used to seeing the rejection email come back!

So, anyone who has experience with them - what shall I do now? As in, to try to make the most of this opportunity?

Thanks guys!

Gaz

EDIT as was pointed out below, I forgot to mention that it's for a Free deal, first book in a nine (will be ten by time of promo) book series, which typically has good sell-through.

ENJOY, Bookbub is like GOLD if you have a nice backend. I always see a boost in revenue from them.

Online Gareth K Pengelly

• Leicestershire, UK
      • View Profile
    « Reply #31 on: June 27, 2020, 10:06:49 am »
    ENJOY, Bookbub is like GOLD if you have a nice backend. I always see a boost in revenue from them.

Thank you! Looking forward to it.

Especially now Amazon have FINALLY price matched the book back to permafree!

Offline Trioxin 245

• View Profile
    « Reply #32 on: June 29, 2020, 07:54:36 am »
    ENJOY, Bookbub is like GOLD if you have a nice backend.

:o :o

KBoards.com

• Advertisement