Kindle Forum banner

Amazon, fix this

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Javelin 
#1 ·
Amazon, you need to add a way to search books by a specific author and see ONLY that author. I don't want to have to look at 8-10 pages of results to see the 2 pages of the author I want. Yeah, you think it will make me see something else to buy and with some it may work that way. It makes me less inclined to buy anything as I usually just quit after a couple of pages of frustration.

#2 ·
I find I get more reliable results by using the 'advanced search' option.

If you go to the 'books' department or 'kindle store' there is an option on the tabs across the top of the page to go to 'advanced search' where you can not only specify an author but other criteria too. I tend to pick the sort order as 'publication date' and that gives me any new books at the top of the list. You can also add 'keywords' and 'publisher' to narrow it down.

It's still not perfect but I find it is better than just typing the author's name into the box at the top of the page.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.