Author Topic: Am I the only one who didn't know this about amazon reviews?  (Read 931 times)  

Online Sandy J Hartwick

• Southern Idaho
  • Everyone is weird; some are weirder than others.
    • View Profile
    • sandyjhartwick.com
Maybe everyone in the world already knew this (except me)...Amazon.com reviews do not transfer to other Amazon marketplaces! I am just starting and I have ONE review, but it wasn't showing up on the UK site. I called the help line and they told me reviews are unique to each marketplace. It doesn't matter if you have 10,000 reviews in the USA, they will not show up on the UK site or any of the other Amazon sites.

Sorry if this is old news for most of you, but I was shocked. :(

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Online Gareth K Pengelly

• Leicestershire, UK
      • View Profile
    Re: Am I the only one who didn't know this about amazon reviews?
    « Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 04:07:35 pm »
    Interesting, because it does for me.

Didn't always, but I've noticed recently that they've switched to saying 'global reviews.'

Used to be only UK ones would show in the UK store, but now it's all of them.

Offline MorrowWriter

• United Kingdom
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: June 24, 2020, 04:18:50 pm »
    They should show up as "Top International Reviews". I haven't managed any UK reviews (not even from my mum) but I've got 7 international reviews that show up on the amazon.co.uk site.

Francis Morrow

Online Sandy J Hartwick

• Southern Idaho
    • Everyone is weird; some are weirder than others.
      • View Profile
      • sandyjhartwick.com
    « Reply #3 on: June 24, 2020, 04:39:45 pm »
    Thanks MorrowWriter and Gareth. I wonder if the person I talked to didn't know how to fix this for me or if it is some setting that I am missing?

Offline Linn

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: June 24, 2020, 06:02:49 pm »
    Thanks MorrowWriter and Gareth. I wonder if the person I talked to didn't know how to fix this for me or if it is some setting that I am missing?

From what I've observed just from checking my own reviews, it looks like only the ones with a "verified purchase" tag show up in the other Amazon stores. I could be wrong, but that might explain why your review hasn't spread to other sites.

Online Gareth K Pengelly

• Leicestershire, UK
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: June 24, 2020, 06:16:00 pm »
    From what I've observed just from checking my own reviews, it looks like only the ones with a "verified purchase" tag show up in the other Amazon stores. I could be wrong, but that might explain why your review hasn't spread to other sites.

Not sure about that. My first Helsing book has 169 review, and I know not 100% of them have that tag, but they all show on US and UK.

I think Amazon are just temperamental, tbh.

Offline alhawke

• View Profile
      • A.L. Hawke website
    « Reply #6 on: June 24, 2020, 07:58:37 pm »
    The international reviews are temperamental. Sometimes they show, sometimes they don't. I have one book with an international review that has never showed. I have another that popped up, but is now gone. So ... go figure. I do notice that it usually takes extra time to show up in the other international markets.
    « Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 11:01:56 pm by alhawke »

A.L. Hawke | Author website | Goodreads | BookBub

Offline ShaneCarrow

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: June 25, 2020, 12:03:42 am »
    My international reviews only show up if there are zero reviews in that market, in which case it seems to default to the US reviews?

But yeah, I'd been publishing like a year before I realised I could go to the UK store or Australian store and see a whole bunch of different reviews.

Shane Carrow

Offline SND

• View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: June 25, 2020, 03:49:41 am »
    That's something they started doing about 6 months to a year ago, adding Top International Reviews. Not sure if it's a beta test or split test or if it's done across the board. And since the top reviews are those with the highest stars, they become part of your aggregate star rating, giving a nice lil ratings bump.

I'm talking International reviews being added to the .com store here. For most of the other amazon stores around the world, while they display the .com reviews and individual ratings... they don't count toward the overall rating in that particular store/country.

Offline unkownwriter

• View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: June 29, 2020, 02:06:04 pm »
    That's backwards. Up to recently, reviews from other stores didn't show up on the .com site, but reviews from .com showed on other stores. Amazon is tweaking things now, so you'll see all manner of things going on.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement