Author Topic: Setting Up a Second Amazon Page for Pseudonym Account  (Read 479 times)  

Offline Redgum

• View Profile
Setting Up a Second Amazon Page for Pseudonym Account
« on: June 27, 2020, 05:00:39 pm »
Hey all

I am trying to launch a new series in a different genre from my usual books and want a fresh start - FB, Twitter, website and Amazon page. Is it possible for me to run a different Amazon page/Author Central account from my original KDP dashboard or do I have to start all over again with a fresh Amazon account?

Thanks! :) :) :D

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline notjohn

• View Profile
      • Notjohn's Self-Publishing Guide
    Re: Setting Up a Second Amazon Page for Pseudonym Account
    « Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 06:28:32 am »
    Well, you don't run Author Central from the KDP platform; you run it from Author Central.

And yes, I believe you are allowed three distinct Author Central accounts. That's what I do; I have one for Notjohn, one for some fun books I have published, and a third for books published under my birth name.

(You can have multiple Author Pages from one AC account, but to me that seems dangerous. I don't trust myself to keep them segregated.)
    Notjohn's Guide to E-Book & Print Formatting: http://viewbook.at/notjohn

The blog: http://notjohnkdp.blogspot.com

Offline Redgum

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 11:59:47 pm »
    Well, you don't run Author Central from the KDP platform; you run it from Author Central.

And yes, I believe you are allowed three distinct Author Central accounts. That's what I do; I have one for Notjohn, one for some fun books I have published, and a third for books published under my birth name.

(You can have multiple Author Pages from one AC account, but to me that seems dangerous. I don't trust myself to keep them segregated.)

Thanks notjohn - seems straight-forward enough. I'll check out the multiple Author Pages from one AC account but I agree it could get messy if not concentrating.  I presume a separate email is required for a distinct AC account?

Offline unkownwriter

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 01:40:55 pm »
    One thing you need to remember when using an AC account not related to the KDP email is that you have to log out of that AC account and back into the one with the KDP email. I'm not explaining it clearly, I don't think, but if you try to check your Bookshelf from a different AC account, you won't see anything. Panic may ensue. Oh noes! Where be my books!?!!? :O Some will sign up for another KDP account, thinking they've done something wrong, and then Amazon bans them for having multiple accounts (not the same thing with Author Central).

Just something to make a note of. I do it to myself sometimes, because I have a fourth name on a second AC account, and if I forget to log out of that and back in to the other, my heart does a little flip before I slap myself on the head and do the log out/in thing. Whew! Problem solved. LOL

KBoards.com

• Advertisement