Kindle Forum banner

AuthorUpRoar

2K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  H.C. 
#1 ·
Has anybody used AuthorUpROAR.com promotion service? If so, what were your findings. It's $49.

#5 ·
Never heard of them and what's more, that is one of the worst, most unprofessional looking websites I have ever had the misfortune to encounter. I couldn't read much because the headings got in the way. I looked up one of their authors on Amazon and apart from outrageous pricing for her books ($38 for a paperback), they are all down in the 2millions in the ranks. This is the US store, the most important one as far as ranking is concerned.

$49 for what? Obviously their promotions aren't working. Perhaps they are saving up for a web designer.  :-[

#7 ·
URGH.

Also, be leery of any such listing site that advertises itself as a place for authors. A deals listing service should be for readers first. Ideally, the listing details for authors wanting to be featured should be quite hard to find, hidden away in the menu or footer of the website or some such.

I dare say at this site it's even hard to find the books they're advertising.

#11 ·
Perhaps they are saving up for a web designer.
Oh, now that's a good one! :)

And yes, I'd be wary of anyone emailing me without my having shown some interest in them first. It's a sure sign to me that they need my business more than I need them. Bookbub has never emailed me, for example, even back when they were just starting out and no one knew who they were.

#12 ·
The website is a little retro - but it matches the styling of the "new" Facebook that I keep turning off. Web appearances seem to be going backwards, on a few sites. The print is getting larger, less fits & menus are clunkier than say -- ten years ago.

I am confused by the monthly subscriptions & the one off amount. I might consider splashing out on one-off permanent listing as I have on other sites on the principle that the web is so populated, getting visited is a numbers game. Just so long as their payment method is safe and secure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.