Author Topic: Editing Maven at your service  (Read 250 times)  

Offline Editing Kinga

• Friday Harbor, Washington
  • I will make you look good on paper.
    • View Profile
    • Linkedin profile
Editing Maven at your service
« on: July 06, 2020, 12:49:27 pm »
No one is perfect.
It makes no difference how long you have toiled on your writing, you're only human.
Failing to distinguish your mistakes is par for the course. Nevertheless, these are errors you can't risk divulging to the readers of your work.
Never underestimate the power of the second pair of eyes!
Whether you are an academic scribe, a business writer, a journalist, or a novelist; every author will benefit from an outside perspective.

Greetings!
My name is Elvi and I have been a professional editor for over three decades.
Your prose will receive my diligent regard from 100 to 100,000 words.

My distinguished credentials include:
Member of the Editorial Freelancers Association (EFA)
Top Rated Editor on Upwork
Exceptionally prudent of and versed about the Elements of Style
Ample range of expertise in editing and proofreading white papers, reports, newsletters, and other publications
Strong skills in both print and online editing
Proficiency in using MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and Google Drive
Fastidious in most variations of modern English; AU, UK, US, etc.

The following are some of the services I offer:

1. Correct all the grammar and punctuation issues.
2. Suggest any edits so sentence euphony is more elegant and articulate.
3. Make sure the piece has no ambiguity or redundancies.
4. Give the document a distinct objective and authority.
5. Where appropriate, paraphrase recurrent words.

🔵 Indexing and Interior Formatting support is also available.
🔵 Dexterity of Victorian English history, slang, and terms.

My rates:
Copyediting from $ 0.01 USD per word
Proofreading from $0.005 USD per word
Please send a non-introductory sample of the content for a more accurate estimate.

Any questions?
Dont hesitate to drop me a line and we can consider your options.

Upwork profile:
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0102a0d514aee152c9

Samples:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wvdTw8w5DTvGAbhcbf368Mz7-7iFNZwb?usp=sharing

Productivity Stats:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j_oIlV9xEORtB8qj9OOOoxUy_C383anD/view?usp=sharing

« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 03:14:38 pm by Editing Kinga »
"If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head.
If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart."
Nelson Mandela

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Becca Mills

• Global Moderator
    • California
      • View Profile
    Re: Editing Maven at your service
    « Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 02:55:11 pm »
    Greetings, Elvi! You're welcome to promote your business and website here in the Writers' Cafe.

Now that you have an official thread, you'll want to add your listing to our Yellow Pages, found here: https://www.kboards.com/yp/. The listing is free to KB members and is completely self-service; you can add and edit your listing from the page. More information on our Yellow Pages listing can be found here.

In your thread here, we ask that the same basic rules be followed as we have for authors in the Book Bazaar: you may have this one thread about your service and must post to it rather than start a new thread each time. New threads about the service will be removed. Please bookmark this thread so that you can find it again when you want to post.

You may not make back-to-back posts to the thread within seven days. If someone responds (as I'm doing with this post), you may reply to them, but otherwise you must wait seven days. Any pattern of posting designed to artificially bump your thread to the top of the forum is prohibited. Please note that very short or (one- or two-word) posts with no meaningful information are discouraged and may be deleted at the moderators' discretion.

Lastly, your posts and images will need to meet our "forum decorum" guidelines, which is the case for every member.

You may find that members ask searching questions -- about how your service works, for example, or what they will get for their money, or whether your service adheres to Amazon's terms of service. Such "vetting" is a common here and can be rigorous.

Note that members are allowed to provide civil and honest feedback about your service in this thread. This feedback may include criticisms as well as kudos. You may respond to criticism in a civil manner, but name-calling, badgering, accusations of lying, and other breaches of forum decorum can lead to loss of vendor posting privileges.

Any and all disputes between you and your clients should be handled off-site.

Thanks,
    Becca
    KBoards Moderator

(Note that this welcome does not constitute an endorsement or vetting of a service by KBoards. Members should do due diligence when considering using a service.)

Welcome! :)
    Read about using the Writers' Cafe here. Our larger "forum decorum" is here. The site's overall terms of use are here. Please be aware of this material.
    Troubleshooting: If you're having difficulties with advertising on KBoards, the contact email is [email protected] You can also use our PM system to contact the site's owners via the vsAdmin account. The Link-Maker and Author Signature Tool long longer function. There's a manual version of the former here and a workaround for the latter here.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement