Author Topic: KDP: Connecting foreign language editions  (Read 354 times)  

Offline Milford

• Norway
    • View Profile
    • Daniel Milford
KDP: Connecting foreign language editions
« on: July 11, 2020, 12:57:51 am »
I usually publish e-books on Amazon KDP in Norwegian, and so all the titles get "(Norwegian Edition)" tacked on at the end. Now I've uploaded an English version of one of the books, and would like to connect the two editions. There's no way for Amazon to automatically know this is the same book in two different languages, so how do I go about linking the two?

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Lady Runa

• View Profile
    Re: KDP: Connecting foreign language editions
    « Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 06:42:33 am »
    I usually publish e-books on Amazon KDP in Norwegian, and so all the titles get "(Norwegian Edition)" tacked on at the end. Now I've uploaded an English version of one of the books, and would like to connect the two editions. There's no way for Amazon to automatically know this is the same book in two different languages, so how do I go about linking the two?

I don't think you can. If they're in different languages, they're technically two different books. Having said that, I suggest you write to KDP support and ask them to link the two, let's see what they say.

Storyteller

Offline Milford

• Norway
      • View Profile
      • Daniel Milford
    « Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 11:02:25 am »
    Thanks, I will!

• Ontario, Canada
    • I should probably be writing...
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: July 11, 2020, 08:07:26 pm »
    They do not get linked. Two dift products as the other user said above.

Offline Milford

• Norway
      • View Profile
      • Daniel Milford
    « Reply #4 on: July 12, 2020, 03:20:41 am »
    Apparently, they can be linked, but only in the same way that different editions in the same language is linked. This was the answer I got from Amazon:

We will be able to link your English and Norwegian versions of your book, however, these titles will be grouped together on one product page on the Amazon website under all formats and editions as opposed to separate product pages.

If we were to take this route of linking the books some customers may be unaware that either the English or Norwegian versions exist, without clicking the 'See all formats and editions' on the book's product page. If you would like to proceed with the linking of the 2 versions of your book, please do reply to this email as confirmation.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement