Author Topic: Sports-Entertainment Fiction: WOW, WWE, WCW, ECW, TNA etc  (Read 123 times)  

Offline VisitasKeat

• Following my characters. Wherever they take me.
    • View Profile
Sports-Entertainment Fiction: WOW, WWE, WCW, ECW, TNA etc
« on: July 13, 2020, 10:55:18 pm »
Okay, I'm off to edit the first draft of my 16th novelette in my lifelong fantasy series sprinted in 2016. As I aim for the third all-in-one edition, I have to deal with new set of characters in a different building in the hostel. One of the characters, Shyla, is a professional wrestler in a niche company, Transgender Wrestling Alliance, TWA,  which gets acquired by Vinnie Boy and Linda Girl, the way Ted Turner's WCW was bullied and purchased.

Because I enjoy watching Women Of Wrestling and other such shows, I thought why not write novels in this area. But then I found only non-fiction books written by WWE superstars. Moreover, Amazon doesn't differentiate between sports fiction and sports entertainment fiction. There is no dedicated sub-genre, let alone a dedicated distinct category for sports entertainment. Has anyone written wrestling stories? What's your success story and do you have any advice regarding length, tropes etc? Thanks in advance.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement