Author Topic: Chirp Audio Deals  (Read 211 times)  

Offline scottdouglas

• View Profile
Chirp Audio Deals
« on: July 14, 2020, 02:10:55 pm »
I wanted to share my positive experience with Chirp in case anyone else is trying to decide if they should go with Audible and be locked into a contract or go wide.

I'm not a fan of any contract that locks you into crazy terms even if you produce everything, so I ultimately decided to go with Findaway Audio to distribute wide (including Audible); it's a similar royalty schedule, but they offer WAY more in terms of marketing (and no crazy terms to their contract).

Once the audio was live, I went to Chirp (BookBubs audiobook platform) and sought a limited-time deal. I was offered it last month. I didn't really know what to expect because the platform is still pretty new. I figured I'd be happy with 100 sales. I'm about a month into the deal (I believe it's live for 30 days), and have sold over 1,000 audiobooks in that time. I've been very pleased with the number of new listeners and reviews that have come from the experience.

If you use Findaway to distribute, it's worth submitting to Chirp. Unlike BookBub, the deals are also free--at least for now.

You can also run paid ads on BookBub for audio; I've never had a lot of luck with book ads there, but audio has been more than breaking even for me.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Nev

• View Profile
    Re: Chirp Audio Deals
    « Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 04:45:35 pm »
    What was your Chirp deal offer price and what is your audio book's suggested retail price? Chirp deals seem to range from $0.99 to $3.99 for most deals on audio books ranging from $19 to $26.

Offline scottdouglas

• View Profile
    Re: Chirp Audio Deals
    « Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 08:18:58 pm »
    $0.99 for the deal and $6.50 for the book at full price. I did all the prooduction myself and hired someone myself to keep the cost down a lot--the price point is difficult depending on your production costs. I made all my money back for production with the deal though.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement