Author Topic: AMS Ads  (Read 478 times)  

Offline Mary Rose

• View Profile
AMS Ads
« on: July 20, 2020, 02:15:55 am »
I tried to start a new campaign with Amazon Sponsored Ads and when they show the products to choose from, there are incorrect prices on some of my books. They aren't showing the same book prices as in the Kindle Store. I contacted them but three days later no reply. Very frustrating. Has anyone had this problem?

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline azebra

• New Zealand
      • View Profile
      • You Say Which Way
    Re: AMS Ads
    « Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 12:49:24 am »
    Could these be third party sellers? is this an Advantage account or the regular author account through KDP? US or UK or another country?

Offline Mary Rose

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 09:45:57 pm »
    I have a regular author account. I don't know what they are playing at . After writing and explaining, they said I had the books priced at a lower price recently and the new price hadn't kicked in. Why is the new price showing in the Kindle Store I ask? They said the book I am trying to advertise has one of their competitors selling it for 99 cents. I can't find that anywhere and I'm not in KDP Select, so  that is not their concern. I have since sent two emails pointing this out but the staff handling it seem incompetent and can't sort it. That means I can't advertise my recent release on AMS or it will be false advertising. It will be interesting what they come up with when I ask who their competitor is who has it on their website for 99 cents.

Offline Kathy Dee

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 11:01:45 pm »
    They said the book I am trying to advertise has one of their competitors selling it for 99 cents. I can't find that anywhere and I'm not in KDP Select, so  that is not their concern.

They have terms and conditions for pricing, whether or not your book is in KU ...

See ...

https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/help/topic/G200634500

Note: Section D    

"The price at which we sell your Digital Book may not be the same as your List Price. For instance, we might sell your Digital Book at a lower price to match a third party's price for a Digital or Physical edition of the book"

KBoards.com

• Advertisement