Author Topic: Has anyone used EARLY BIRD BOOKS Promotion lately? How did you do?  (Read 395 times)  

Offline Kathryn Meyer Griffith

• Author for over 48 years, since 1984; 29 novels
    • View Profile
Hi all
I was just wondering if anyone here has promoted a free eBook lately with EARLY BIRD BOOKS? I am thinking of running a deal with them for a free eBook of mine, Dinosaur Lake (a PERMAFREE and 1st book in a 5 book series). But they are very expensive...$300 for a one day slot. Anyone has any feedback about them for me? 
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 10:35:43 am by Kathryn Meyer Griffith »

Kathryn Meyer Griffith horror/thriller/murder mystery author since 1984; 29 novels, 13 short stories
Kathryn Meyer Griffith | Facebook | Author | Good Reads | My website | Author Central | Amazon-author

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Online Lydniz

• UK
      • View Profile
      • Credentials
    Re: How is EARLY BIRD BOOKS Promotion do?
    « Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 12:53:35 am »
    You could do a search on here. I haven't used them myself but I see the service mentioned occasionally and I seem to remember it's not all that.

Offline Kathryn Meyer Griffith

• Author for over 48 years, since 1984; 29 novels
      • View Profile
    Re: Has anyone used EARLY BIRD BOOKS Promotion lately? How did you do?
    « Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 10:37:45 am »
    Hmm...I guess not many have used Early Bird Books lately. I searched here for it and there was only one post in early 2019 and others from 2016. Too far back for the present to be judged.
    I guess I'll wait for someone else to comment.

Kathryn Meyer Griffith horror/thriller/murder mystery author since 1984; 29 novels, 13 short stories
    Kathryn Meyer Griffith | Facebook | Author | Good Reads | My website | Author Central | Amazon-author

Offline alhawke

• View Profile
      • A.L. Hawke website
    « Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 08:50:29 pm »
    I used the Portalist which is also a part of Open Road Media. They are expensive, but not as expensive as Early Bird Books.

The Portalist was $100 and a 99c promo garnered me 38 sales on a new release. This was after a few other stacked promos. I ran the promo alone on that day to see their results for future promos.

They're the real deal, but they sure are expensive. On a similar fantasy/sci fi book, ENT could have given me the same result for 1/2 the cost. But it still was a very good run. And there are a few other promo companies--that shall go unnamed by me--that will sell you 5 books or less for the same price.

So ... I can't tell you about Early Bird Books specifically. I was happy with my promotion with Open Road Media. I suspect they'll give away lots of books with a free promo but it will cost you. Probably the most difficult thing with Open Road Media is the time it takes to evaluate your book. You have to apply one month in advance.

A.L. Hawke | Author website | Goodreads | BookBub

Offline Rod Little

• View Profile
      • Rod Little Author
    « Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 10:44:36 pm »
    Hi Kathryn,
    I used Early Bird Books back in March 2019. They were a bit expensive for the results. The cost in my genre was $150 and it got me about 200 sales at 0.99 (.35 cents x 200 = $70). An initial loss. As it was first in a series, my only profit was in read-thru later. It's hard to tell how many of those readers bought books 2 & 3, as I had promotions every day that month and sold 3200 books (using 25 promo services). Read-thru was 30% but no clue how much of that was Early Bird.
    Their strength is that they are wide. 45% of my sales were non-Amazon, which was good. I wanted to boost my presence on G, BN & Kobo.

A year later, I have no idea what the results would be. Good luck! Let us know if you use them.

Sci-Fi, Horror, Post-apocalyptic, Alien Invasion
    Rod Little | website | Book Trailer | Twitter | FB

KBoards.com

• Advertisement