Author Topic: Release new book before or after Bookbub for unrelated series?  (Read 201 times)  

Offline ShaneCarrow

• View Profile
I'm in the final stages of post production for my latest book (#2 in a series) and will be able to publish it in the next week or two. I also, coincidentally, scored a US-only Bookbub for my 3,000+ page 6-book zombie series box set (which is still the vast bulk of my writing income) for August 3.

What's the best play here? Release the new book before or after August 3? If after, how long?

From experience a US Bookbub always results in a sales boost, a KU tail, and some more mailing list subscribers (but not that many - my grand total after all these years is 173). My gut instinct is that releasing the new book very close to August 3, to play the Amazon algorithms, will be better than waiting until the end of August for the extra dozen or so newsletter subscribers.

Shane Carrow

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline jvin248

• View Profile
      • J Gordon Smith - Official Author Weblog
    Re: Release new book before or after Bookbub for unrelated series?
    « Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 05:31:27 am »

I'd release it earlier by a few days or a week so Amazon's recommendation bots can do their little bit of magic in presenting it to buyers of the BB. Also does your BB title have reference links in the back to the new title "if you liked this then here is the latest"?

Offline Kathryn Meyer Griffith

• Author for over 48 years, since 1984; 29 novels
      • View Profile
    Re: Release new book before or after Bookbub for unrelated series?
    « Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 10:39:52 am »
    Oh positively BEFORE your BB. BB will bring up all your sales.....the more you have out there for sale, the better it will be.

Kathryn Meyer Griffith horror/thriller/murder mystery author since 1984; 29 novels, 13 short stories
    Kathryn Meyer Griffith | Facebook | Author | Good Reads | My website | Author Central | Amazon-author

KBoards.com

• Advertisement