Author Topic: AMS Ad Metrics Now Include Page Reads  (Read 492 times)  

Offline CassieL

• View Profile
AMS Ad Metrics Now Include Page Reads
« on: July 21, 2020, 11:44:01 am »
Just logged in to my AMS account and saw the option to add page reads as a new metric column. From what I can tell it's not retroactive and there may be a delay because of reading and syncing, but there you go.

8 Pen Names. Genres: Non-fiction, Speculative Fiction, Romance.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Bunker

• View Profile
    Re: AMS Ad Metrics Now Include Page Reads
    « Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 12:40:49 pm »
    Thanks for letting us know! It hasn't shown up on my dash yet, but I'll keep an eye out for it.

This could be a game changer in terms of optimizing AMS ads!

Offline LauraWestbrook

• View Profile
      • Laura Westbrook Writes
    « Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 01:08:17 pm »
    Just logged in to my AMS account and saw the option to add page reads as a new metric column. From what I can tell it's not retroactive and there may be a delay because of reading and syncing, but there you go.

Nice! Where is this option to click?

Offline CassieL

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 02:03:28 pm »
    For me there was a pop-up announcement of the change and then I was able to go under Columns on the top right of the data table, choose customize columns, and then check Kindle edition normalized pages (KENP) read at the bottom of the list and then choose apply. That then showed that column in my table.

8 Pen Names. Genres: Non-fiction, Speculative Fiction, Romance.

Offline Decon

• View Profile
      • Declan Conner, Blog
    « Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 03:23:46 pm »
    About time. It's live in the UK too. I didn't have to do anything

Maybe they were forced to add it due to people pulling their ads since the changes.

Scorpion ebooks: Full length  thrillers with a sting in the tale. All enrolled in KU & Prime.
    Declan Conner | blog

Offline L.E.Glazebrook

• I love NYC
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: July 21, 2020, 04:14:34 pm »
    From their website on this new metric:

"We track clicks associated with your advertised titles, and attribute them to the reading events for the same titles up to 14 days after customers click the ad."

Why 14 days? Why a limit?

L.E.Glazebrook | Facebook | Goodreads | Wattpad

Offline MMSN

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: July 21, 2020, 05:20:45 pm »
    Here's their email:

"To help our authors better measure the impact ads are having on their Kindle eBooks enrolled in Kindle Unlimited, weve added Kindle Edition Normalized Pages (KENP) Read to your performance dashboard. KENP Read is the estimated number of normalized pages attributed to your Sponsored Products campaigns from customers who borrow your book from Kindle Unlimited or Kindle Owners Lending Library.

KENP Read is automatically enabled and requires no action from you to view, with data reported as of July 15, 2020.

So what exactly does KENP Read tell you? Lets say a customer clicks a Sponsored Product ad featuring your Kindle eBook and then borrows it through Kindle Unlimited. If the customer reads 120 normalized pages on day 1, well attribute 120 normalized pages to day 1 within your campaign dashboard and downloadable reports. If the customer reads the rest of your booklets say 100 pageson day 2, well report those pages on day 2."

Offline Decon

• View Profile
      • Declan Conner, Blog
    « Reply #7 on: July 21, 2020, 05:40:34 pm »
    From their website on this new metric:

"We track clicks associated with your advertised titles, and attribute them to the reading events for the same titles up to 14 days after customers click the ad."

Why 14 days? Why a limit?

That refers to a reader clicking to explore your book and if they then go on to buy it, or page read it by downloading within 14 days of that first click that you have been charged for, then that royalty or page read  income is attributed to calculate ACOS. After 14 days, the royalty or page read income would not be attributed to that first click as it relates to an ad. Most click and buy right way if they are interested enough, so it's probably a non event really as relates to 14 days, maybe on rare occasions

It is of interest to Amazon and the author to know this attribution as it relates to the effectiveness of an add and 14 days is a reasonable cut off time.
    « Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 05:47:15 pm by Decon »

Scorpion ebooks: Full length  thrillers with a sting in the tale. All enrolled in KU & Prime.
    Declan Conner | blog

KBoards.com

• Advertisement