Author Topic: accidental download  (Read 388 times)  

Offline MrKnucklehead

• View Profile
accidental download
« on: July 18, 2020, 11:47:16 am »
I accidentally downloaded an Audible.com version of book Im reading...went to remove bookmark and had bad aim...not trying to get my money back, but, is there a way to make it where you have to login again to OK purchase...

on a different kind of device I have, you have to put in your 5 digit security code before approving an Amazon purchase...

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Online Linjeakel

• United Kingdom
    • Erm .....
      • View Profile
    Re: accidental download
    « Reply #1 on: July 19, 2020, 07:59:37 am »
    Not sure about being able to stop accidental ordering, but you can return an Audible purchase for some months after you get it and get your money/credit refunded straight away. You can return for pretty much any reason, including accidental purchase or even if you simply didn't like it. I'm sure there'd be a limit on how may times you could do that but I've never had a return refused.

Just log into your Audible account and go to account details / purchase history and any book that is returnable will have a 'return title' button to click on. I have books purchased as far back as September last year which are still showing as returnable.

Note: I'm assuming here that Audible US and Audible UK work in the same way, but I see no reason why they wouldn't.
    Linda

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    Re: accidental download
    « Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 12:47:36 pm »
    If you are reading on a Fire I don't know if you can set a code unless you turn on the parental controls - and that may be more annoying than helpful...
    But Amazon will refund the purchase.  Just choose "accidental purchase" when you go through the process.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement