Author Topic: Possible Battery Problem and Reading Progress settings Not Saving  (Read 691 times)  

Offline MagicalWingLT

• Brick, NJ
  • Reading Amanda Ashley, and Christine Feehan Books.
    • View Profile
I just got the Oasis 3 like 3 weeks ago. For a while the battery was holding a charge faily good with me reading two books and a half before needing a charge. Now this week I find that reading 1 book and a half and it needs to be charged. I read several chapters per day. I just think it's odd now that I have to charge more and more then when I first got the Oasis... Also in the Aa settings for the Reading Progress I have to keep changing the setting to Time Left in Chapter because it keeps changing to another selection. The setting should be staying to what I have selected not moving to something else. Is this a bug or glitch ??? I tried deleting some books and then redownloading again. I even rebooted the Oasis once now. The Oasis 3 shouldn't be having these problems...

(Make your own reading bar)A Kindle 1, 3 (Keyboard), and Paperwhite owner. I just love reading romance novels :P

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Linjeakel

• United Kingdom
    • Erm .....
      • View Profile
    Re: Possible Battery Problem and Reading Progress settings Not Saving
    « Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 10:21:47 am »
    I can't speak to the battery problem but the likely explanation about the reading progress which shows in the bottom left hand corner of the screen is that you're accidentally changing it yourself.

As well as changing/setting it under the Aa menu, you can also toggle between options just by tapping on it. If you're in the habit of unconsciously pressing your finger on that corner of the screen while holding the device, you could easily change it without realising it - we've all done it at some time or another!
    Linda

Offline MagicalWingLT

• Brick, NJ
    • Reading Amanda Ashley, and Christine Feehan Books.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 06:20:23 pm »
    Thanks I'll keep an eye on it lol I think I might not have saved the setting on the first screen under the themes there is a Save Settings and other which I didn't  know before. So after I changed the Reading Progress I went back to the first screen and hit it. I believe it's saved now

(Make your own reading bar)A Kindle 1, 3 (Keyboard), and Paperwhite owner. I just love reading romance novels :P

Offline LDB

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 07:22:22 am »
    It will keep changing. As said, it changes by touch also and it's guaranteed that now and again you will touch it unknowingly and change it. If I had a dollar for every time it's happened to me in the years and years of use we'd have steak dinners tonight and maybe tomorrow night too.
    My Service on the KBoards Yellow Pages
    There's no bad day if you have a good book.

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: August 05, 2020, 12:21:17 pm »
    Yeah, I have several themes saved, but as soon as I touch the bottom left of the screen just right, it changes that time left setting. Even if its a saved theme. So then I just go to Aa and click on my theme again. Or toggle to where I want the time left/page/ to be. No matter how much I tell myself not to touch that corner, it just happens.  ;D

As to the battery, that doesn't sound right. Have you checked for anything stuck, like a download? Search on home for something nonsensical like &*&^%$ and see if there are results not yet indexed. Otherwise, there was one of the latest updates that caused my battery to drain a bit faster as it should. We had 3 updates in a short period now. The latest 2 have fixed that for me as far as I can tell. Check under device info in settings. 5.13.1 is the lastest.

Offline ShinyTop

• Pensacola
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: August 05, 2020, 02:45:37 pm »
    I like the page number to appear on the lower left.  But some books do not have that capability so they display time left in chapter.  Then when I read my next book it has kept the setting from the book without proper pagination.  So I have had to develop the habit of checking every time I open a new book. 
    Its unlucky to be superstitious.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement